PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD Filtering vocals ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

jabo ist offline
  Filtering vocals ?        Go on top to this Page

One question, maybe not regarding psycle ...

Probably thats not possible with pyscle, but does anyone has an idea to filter out vocals from an existing track, so i have the opportunity to remix songs?
Is it possible to turn off the instruments to hear just the voice?

thanks in advance ...

29.03.2003, 15:43 Profile of jabo Add jabo to your Buddy-List
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Well, Psycle is probably not the best tool to use, but if you use a VST Filter that filters the midrange out from a song, just play with the frequency range to hide the vocals. Unfortunately I don't know what VST you could use for this...

On the other hand, if you get a highpass and a lowpass filter, and filter out the instruments as best you can, while keeping the voice, you save the vocal track, then invert it (in another sound editor) and merge the two tracks.

29.03.2003, 21:52 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
Pikari

Date Registered:

Pikari ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I don't think it's possible to remove vocals from a track.. Sounds too difficult. At least there isn't an effect machine which would do that.

30.03.2003, 00:36 Profile of Pikari Add Pikari to your Buddy-List Homepage of Pikari Add Pikari to your Contact-List
tomaes

Date Registered:

tomaes ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Well, it depends.

In general, there is no 100% working solution for issues like this one. It depends pretty much on what kind of vocals need to be erased. In any case, those vocals must have some unique characteristics (e.g. use an exclusive range of frequencies or they're only audible on the left channel etc.) You can try filtering the vocals with a parametric eq etc, but if the vocals and instruments overlapp in terms of frequencies and panning, you'll not succeed.

30.03.2003, 11:45 Profile of tomaes Add tomaes to your Buddy-List Homepage of tomaes
Pikari

Date Registered:

Pikari ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

It will be really hard to get ONLY vocals. There will always be something from the other instruments too. And using EQ changes the tone of the vocals too.

30.03.2003, 13:18 Profile of Pikari Add Pikari to your Buddy-List Homepage of Pikari Add Pikari to your Contact-List
jabo

Date Registered:

jabo ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Thanks, i will try some of the mentioned suggestions ...

30.03.2003, 20:39 Profile of jabo Add jabo to your Buddy-List
gnostik

Date Registered:

gnostik ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

there is a plugin which tries to do that...i cant remember what its called, but i think it was on databaseaudio.

the way it worked was to remove the sounds that were spread evenly on both stereo channels or something, apparently thats where the vocals usually lie. i guess it would only work for well produced pop songs though, as most other types of music are more experimental.

http://www.databaseaudio.co.uk

seeyas

bend your thoughts...unveil your soul

03.04.2003, 05:17 Profile of gnostik Add gnostik to your Buddy-List Homepage of gnostik
Pikari

Date Registered:

Pikari ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I have a winamp plugin (AnalogX Vocal Remover) which tries to remove the vocals from a track. The technique is based on the presumption that the vocals are the only instrument which is evenly on left and right channel. In some cases it removes most of the vocals, in some cases it doesn't.

Usually when the vocals are removed some of the other instruments are gone too - bass and drums are usually balanced to the center, more or less. And even though the vocals are removed some reverbs and delays still remain.

But you should try it to see if it suits to your needs.

03.04.2003, 10:57 Profile of Pikari Add Pikari to your Buddy-List Homepage of Pikari Add Pikari to your Contact-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS