PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Resources FREE VST & VSTI vsti sampler that can bpm time-stretch ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

sim ist offline
  vsti sampler that can bpm time-stretch ?        Go on top to this Page

hi,

i was wondering if anyone knows the existence of a vsti sampler that lets u load in, say a 4 bar loop and then allow u timestrech its root key to play in whatever bpm u like.

what i essentially want, is to add some ACID PRO type of timestretch functionality to my music making. so if im trying out a 135bpm loop in a song with a 120bpm tempo, then i can quickly tweak the bpm value in the vsti to have it play in sync.

it saves the hassle of having to timestrech looped samples in wavelab and then load it up in psycle.

13.01.2003, 14:49 Profile of sim Add sim to your Buddy-List
bdzld

Date Registered:

bdzld ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

hi sim,

have you tried using the sample fit to length option in the instrument editor? If you click on "Edit" next to the drop down sample list, a window will pop up, and one of the options is "Tempo Looping Tool" and you can select a length to fit the sample too there.

soz if you've tried that already

dan

-- -.^ dazzled
www.umbrellacorp.co.uk
iridescence
++

13.01.2003, 15:22 Profile of bdzld Add bdzld to your Buddy-List Homepage of bdzld Add bdzld to your Contact-List
sim

Date Registered:

sim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

yeh i tried that one already, its a cool tool. but the only thing is that it does not preserve the pitch of the sample....something that is a really cool feature in ACID.

if any of the developers are reading this..... guys, how possible would it be to add pitch preservation to the loop tool - onto your to do list ? would it be a big ask or is it something not very complicated ?

14.01.2003, 10:44 Profile of sim Add sim to your Buddy-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I believe that would be looooooooooots of work, since timestretching is one of the more demanding DSP thignies there is...

I know it's more work to have to do the loops extrenally, but Prosoniq Timefactory is the best pitch shifting tool I've ever met. It can do SUCH wonders. I've been able to shift instruments up/down even an octave without any stuttering/such.

-Kim

14.01.2003, 10:52 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
sim

Date Registered:

sim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

i've just come across the Samplechan vsti which apparently allows acid style stretching of any loops u load into it. i've played with it but can't figure out how the time stretching feature is to be used ?

if anyone there is familiar with this vsti, can u please provide some quick details on how its done, or point to an online link that may help. thanks.

14.01.2003, 15:45 Profile of sim Add sim to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Soyacosplay.com ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS