PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD Gated Pads
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

MrToast ist offline
  Gated Pads        Go on top to this Page

There's a studio technique that's apparently pretty popular known as "gated Pads." One input signal is gated by the amplitude of another input signal.

For instance, a big pad sound, or a slow sequence of guitar chords, is chopped up by a gate that is following, say, a 16th note cymbal track.

I'm trying to figure out how to do this in Psycle. I would need a gate that worked this way, but Psycle doesn't really support two inputs that work differently, right? Some effects (like vocorders) use the left and right channels for this. Some follow a MIDI track.

Buzz allows control of machines by peer machines. I suppose I could just do the gated pad in Buzz and save it as a wav to bring into Psycle. Seems like a pain, though.

It would be nice if Psycle could evolve the idea of Peer controllers. Or allow multiple ins and outs.

Anyone know how to do gated pads in Pscyle now?

08.01.2003, 16:06 Profile of MrToast Add MrToast to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS