PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TECH BOARD please live Tweaking
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

odo ist offline
please live Tweaking        Go on top to this Page

i love to tweaking but live Tweaking is faster and you can make better tweaks

OdO

21.12.2001, 19:33 Profile of odo Add odo to your Buddy-List
frown

Date Registered:

frown ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

totally agree with this one.
pattern names and "live tweaking" adds much to the overall usability of the product.

you just enter your notes, you do basic tweakings, then you could switch to machines, and record all the subtleties you need - just like in buzz.

we had a discussion with Jaz on whether present tweakings are good or bad or live tweakings are good or bad. my point, i suppose, that they are both ways good when they are both implemented so you may twk twk twk if you're a hardcore tweaker or you could "livetweak" if you like it or you could even mix your approaches, finding more suitable ones for your particular need.

imagine big reaktor synth with like 150 parameters. now imagine tweaking 30 of them - that's VERY possible situation - testing which knob maps to which number, then going to pattern, then entering numeric values. it would be a real pain in the arse. recording that value to the pre-selected track (just like in Buzz) could save shitloads of time.

again, guys. i see that nowadays psycle has all the basic features it should have as a usable tool. now i see that the rest is usability issues and interface problems, and they should be fixed first, not just another "implement this / implement that". if we have flexible keyboard shortcuts, for example, everything could be re-mapped to suite your personal tastes, but what if we just simply don't have those shortcuts at all ?

the message is, "first - usability, then - everything else". if automation saves time, why not implement automation (sample browsing, vsti tweaking, keyboard shortcuts - you name it)

Last edited by frown on 22.12.2001, 17:56 o'clock.

22.12.2001, 17:54 Profile of frown Add frown to your Buddy-List Homepage of frown Add frown to your Contact-List
dj_d

Date Registered:

dj_d ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

The words of wisdom have been spoken.

22.12.2001, 21:19 Profile of dj_d Add dj_d to your Buddy-List Add dj_d to your Contact-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS