PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ Drumatic vst plugin, how to use it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Devas73 ist offline
  Drumatic vst plugin, how to use it?        Go on top to this Page

I feel a bit stupid asking, but I can't figure out how to make it play something different than tom or snare.
I don't own a midi keyboard, so I'm trying to insert drums with my comp keyboard - if I press Z (or X, I don't rememer) it inserts a TOM sound, any other key - no sound.
If I change octave, I can play a snare using I or something, but no other sounds...
Help is appreciated, with some other drum generator suggestion if you have it... thanks to everybody!

25.11.2002, 11:14 Profile of Devas73 Add Devas73 to your Buddy-List Homepage of Devas73
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Please send a link to the plug. If it's commercial, we probably can't help you (at least us poor students can't).

And don't feel stupid. Some VST's are just poorly designed.

25.11.2002, 13:35 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
Devas73

Date Registered:

Devas73 ist offline
  Here it is...        Go on top to this Page

Here it is the link, it's a free vst:

http://www.e-phonic.com/

You can find this and other interesting links in the "links" section of www.synthedit.com (great program in my opinion)

25.11.2002, 13:47 Profile of Devas73 Add Devas73 to your Buddy-List Homepage of Devas73
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I think I tried it sometime ago.

This plugin maps the sounds the way they are set up in MIDI, and if I recall correct, the note range is from C-1 to C3, putting sounds in all of the notes inbetween.

Try it.

25.11.2002, 16:29 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
Devas73

Date Registered:

Devas73 ist offline
  Thanks for the tip        Go on top to this Page

I'll try it...
Seems a bit uncomfortable though, I'd like more a "drum kit" approach, with for every note, a different drum... maybe some day I'll try with synthedit to make a vst with embedded waves from the pearl drums generator in buzz... if it's possible and the author gives me permission.
Thanks!

26.11.2002, 09:31 Profile of Devas73 Add Devas73 to your Buddy-List Homepage of Devas73
Hakyoku Seiken

Date Registered:

Hakyoku Seiken ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Drumatic 3 is indeed mapped pretty low, but it still does have the 'drum kit' approach with every key being different. Just set your keyboard octive accordingly and play. It's the best synthesized drum machine out there, reguardless of cost. The fact it's free makes it the best without contest.

members.lycos.co.uk/hseiken/a/

05.11.2004, 19:44 Profile of Hakyoku Seiken Add Hakyoku Seiken to your Buddy-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Yes, it's great, but tended to crash quite often in Psycle... I played around with it in Energy XT though, I really like the kick sounds.

05.11.2004, 21:58 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Drumatic is a nice piece of art : it's freeware vst at its best !

You can also try the excellent free drum vstis made (also in Synthedit) by OdO : Rythms, Psydrums and Kick Me Too (site here ). He's a Psycler, so you can be sure each of his plugins work well in Psycle

06.11.2004, 01:59 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

mmmm, i wouldn't be so sure.... i like KickMeToo very much but i don't use it in Psycle cos i noticed it was the cause of Psycle crashings. Maybe latest version works good.
It's known that (some) synthedit plugins cause problems in Psycle.

Anyways they are good synths

06.11.2004, 13:35 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
Hakyoku Seiken

Date Registered:

Hakyoku Seiken ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

There's lots of good SynthEdit VST's...but they are plagued with crashing certain hosts. I think it's more of a problem with the fact they're made in a modular fashion and when compiled, may exploit even the tiniest shortcomings of a VST host. Even commercial VST hosts I've tried don't have flawless support of all SynthEdit VST's, so I definately wouldn't put the blame on Psycle.

members.lycos.co.uk/hseiken/a/

06.11.2004, 14:58 Profile of Hakyoku Seiken Add Hakyoku Seiken to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS