PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ rendering a song to wav instead of recording (4-6 times faster)
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

lastfuture ist offline
  rendering a song to wav instead of recording (4-6 times faster)        Go on top to this Page

ok imagine the following situation. you have got a song, and it sounds really great. in fact so great that you wanna take it to the party where you are the dj. there is only one problem. you have all your stuff in the car, the party starts in 40 minutes, you need 20 minutes to drive there in your car, 10 minutes to set up your stuff, 5 minutes to burn the cd with your music and.... oh no... the song you made is 9 minutes long! if you record it you will be at least 4 minutes late...

you have two options now:
1 - go there without the song, be there about 5 minutes earlier, plenty of time to check out chicks... but without your cool song.
2 - render your song to wav in less than 2 minutes instead of recording it and be there just in time to show off with your music

but how to render the song to wav? psycle doesn't have that implemented yet.
easy: get yourself the winamp psycle plugin, set it up, activate the diskwriter plugin and drag your song into the playlist. ready is the instant psycle song renderer. no need to open psycle even

hope you had fun with my little rendering tutorial
i didn't find any quality difference by now, if you notice anything let me know.

EDIT: you can even select the codec in the disk writer plugin so you can even make an mp3 encoded file right away

Last edited by lastfuture on 23.11.2002, 19:09 o'clock.

23.11.2002, 19:07 Profile of lastfuture Add lastfuture to your Buddy-List Homepage of lastfuture Add lastfuture to your Contact-List
tomaes

Date Registered:

tomaes ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I wonder why this isn't possible in psycle itself.
Just rendering to disk with a nice progress bar, should be possible.

23.11.2002, 21:37 Profile of tomaes Add tomaes to your Buddy-List Homepage of tomaes
pooplog
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

pooplog ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

It will be done sometime, Jaz added the menu item...

23.11.2002, 23:03 Profile of pooplog Add pooplog to your Buddy-List Homepage of pooplog
Pikari

Date Registered:

Pikari ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Adding a menu item, easy. Even I could do that (maybe).

Making it work. hmm.?

24.11.2002, 00:54 Profile of Pikari Add Pikari to your Buddy-List Homepage of Pikari Add Pikari to your Contact-List
pooplog
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

pooplog ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hmm, i don't think we've done too bad sofar.

24.11.2002, 08:39 Profile of pooplog Add pooplog to your Buddy-List Homepage of pooplog
Pikari

Date Registered:

Pikari ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

No, sorry if I insulted

24.11.2002, 11:37 Profile of Pikari Add Pikari to your Buddy-List Homepage of Pikari Add Pikari to your Contact-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

This would be a very useful option!

I have said this many times before, but...

I like to do the final multitrack mixdown of my tracks in Cubase, and a very useful option would be some kind of "auto export" that would automatically render selected machines to their own wave files. It takes hours and hours to make even like 10 tracks if the song is long, like my songs tend to be...

24.11.2002, 14:13 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
lastfuture

Date Registered:

lastfuture ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

just let the menu item call winamp

nah but i'm sure they're on the right way. hope to see it working soon

24.11.2002, 14:14 Profile of lastfuture Add lastfuture to your Buddy-List Homepage of lastfuture Add lastfuture to your Contact-List
iliks

Date Registered:

iliks ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Unfortunately, this method works only on some songs. I mean that winamp records really faster only in the case of quite simple songs. With complex songs it is very slow too, at least at my computer (Cel 333)

11.12.2002, 17:37 Profile of iliks Add iliks to your Buddy-List Homepage of iliks
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

LOL!!!!!!

We aren't magicians or the like!
If a song is heavy on the CPU, it is heavy.
We can just tell it "don't wait for the soundcard to continue", and that's what using winamp to render to wav, or the just added feature of "save to wav" in Psycle do.

11.12.2002, 23:24 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
iliks

Date Registered:

iliks ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

By the way, by the way, why does Psycle still play the tune if I choose Silent driver and start recording to disc?

12.12.2002, 13:00 Profile of iliks Add iliks to your Buddy-List Homepage of iliks
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Psycle can't play using "silence driver". and I mean can't, as doing nothing.

What happens is that the current released version doesn't correctly switch off the previous driver, so it is that one the one that plays (this even causes a crash when changing from directsound to waveout).

This has been fixed for the new release, but, of course, silent still doesn't do anything.

12.12.2002, 13:25 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS