PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ PLease Help ab/ sampler command 09
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Ranger ist offline
PLease Help ab/ sampler command 09        Go on top to this Page

For example: when I using sampler command 09 offset in sample between 0900 and 0901 is too much app 0.3-0.5 sec. How I can to decrease it ????

13.10.2002, 10:13 Profile of Ranger Add Ranger to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

the offset jumps 256 samples with each number. This is how trackers have always done it. if you had to specify an exact value, the command value would have to had between 6 or 8 columns, not 2 like now.

13.10.2002, 11:01 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
alk

Date Registered:

alk ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

maybe this calls for another command, an offset by ms? :p

13.10.2002, 15:22 Profile of alk Add alk to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

256samples * 1000 milliseconds/ 44100samples = 5milliseconds.

Still, it could be wise to substitute the current command, by this millisecond-based one. Don't know.

13.10.2002, 16:47 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I actually don't recall how the Psycle offset actually works, because I never used it for anything else than offsetting some speech samples.

Anyway the way the offsett command should IMO work is by 256th parts of the sample.

So if you have loops that exactly the length of some even bar (1, 2, 4, etc), it's very easy to slice it to useable components.

So if the loop has 16 16th notes, the individual notes can be triggeret with: 10, 20-...> F0. And if there are 4 bars, that is, 64 notes, it's still easy: every increment of 4 means one 16th note onward, 0F is a quarter, etc.

So if Psycle already works in this fine way, ignore post :

14.10.2002, 09:42 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
alk

Date Registered:

alk ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

don't substitute, make another command for the ms based one

14.10.2002, 17:59 Profile of alk Add alk to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by Taika-Kim
So if the loop has 16 16th notes, the individual notes can be triggeret with: 10, 20-...> F0. And if there are 4 bars, that is, 64 notes, it's still easy: every increment of 4 means one 16th note onward, 0F is a quarter, etc.

I'd call this manually editing in a single sample, what Multisample instruments are... :ĚP

And no, If I remember well, the offsets were of samples, not relative to sample size (I can't remember now and I don't want to check)

14.10.2002, 22:58 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS