PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions MAIN BOARD the morphing fft-filter machine!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

dynamix ist offline
the morphing fft-filter machine!!!!        Go on top to this Page

I thought about the idea of morphing filters.. and i had an interesting idea: the problem (as I think) with a morphing filter is that you allways have a limited amount of filters and if its going to be a complex filter there are many parameters and lfos for morphing needed. So I thougth why not make a FFT-morphing-filter with a graphical userinterface (like the interface of the fft-synth in buzz -> don't remember the name yet..). so you have two fft-graphs where you can draw the start and the end of the filter.. just like in samplitude 2496 (the FFT Filter/Analyser)... so you'll have unlimited (of course limited to the resolution of the fft) "filters" and the most flexible and easiest to use interface! That's an effect I wanted to program myself (with some modifications) before, but I never had the time to get into dsp-programming (and probably won't have). But perhaps someone likes the idea?

OK, this is a post I wrote in the buzz-wishlist.. so don't get me wrong... but I think it would be a very kewl fx in psycle, too.

07.12.2001, 10:08 Profile of dynamix Add dynamix to your Buddy-List
Pikari

Date Registered:

Pikari ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

some kind of filter envelope?

07.12.2001, 13:30 Profile of Pikari Add Pikari to your Buddy-List Homepage of Pikari Add Pikari to your Contact-List
ladproject

Date Registered:

ladproject ist offline
  for dynamix        Go on top to this Page

Hey dynamix, I have seen your post on Buzz wishlist (http://www.buzzmachines.com) and I think that for having this effect in Psycle we must wait that any guy develop it for Buzz and decide to port it on Psycle..

or not?

09.12.2001, 17:24 Profile of ladproject Add ladproject to your Buddy-List Homepage of ladproject
dynamix

Date Registered:

dynamix ist offline
  to ladproject:        Go on top to this Page

why? the idea of rymix with the bandpass-filters is very kewl and will sopport him on realisation (as much as i can), but I still think although there is a latency problem it would be very kewl to have a morphing-fft-filter, because you could use it for example like steinbergs free-filter: without learning, but with morphing.... and i think this would still be ver kewl.. or not? and last but not least i wrote that i postet this idea to the buzz-wishlist, so anyone can look for him self...
- but, i think you are very right: it would be kewl to port the comming(?) machine of rymix to psycle... why not?

09.12.2001, 20:49 Profile of dynamix Add dynamix to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

yeah! i think that's a good idea!
I hope someone code it!

peace & psycleing

09.12.2001, 23:51 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
dj_d

Date Registered:

dj_d ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

rymix

22.12.2001, 21:09 Profile of dj_d Add dj_d to your Buddy-List Add dj_d to your Contact-List
Pikari

Date Registered:

Pikari ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

huh, now that was a BAD joke

Last edited by Pikari on 22.12.2001, 22:45 o'clock.

22.12.2001, 22:04 Profile of Pikari Add Pikari to your Buddy-List Homepage of Pikari Add Pikari to your Contact-List
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

explain CLEARLY what you mean

22.12.2001, 22:09 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
dynamix

Date Registered:

dynamix ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

ok i'll try again:

you have a effect that is a fft-filter. the filter courve / frequency response of the filter is visualised in a courve. (like in free-filter etc.) the kewl thing is that you can draw the frequency response of the filter with the mouse. so you can create any filter you want. the gimmik is that you have two frequency response courves. that means you can draw one the filter starts with and one the filter end with and then you could have a value 0-255 where you can morph between the two frequency response courves. I hope it's more clear now (not the shitty english)....

21.01.2002, 19:11 Profile of dynamix Add dynamix to your Buddy-List
Pikari

Date Registered:

Pikari ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

dynamix: I think that "explain carefully" -thing wasn't meant for you, but anyway this cleared things

21.01.2002, 22:11 Profile of Pikari Add Pikari to your Buddy-List Homepage of Pikari Add Pikari to your Contact-List
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

oh !

hello dynamix !

no my post didn't concern what you said at all !

it was about another post which has been deleted....

don't worry but anyway thaks for the precisions

ksn

21.01.2002, 22:19 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
dynamix

Date Registered:

dynamix ist offline
       Go on top to this Page

ups! ok... no problem..

22.01.2002, 16:42 Profile of dynamix Add dynamix to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS