PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ Newbie note cut question
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Sholley ist offline
Newbie note cut question        Go on top to this Page

I haven't used a tracker for 10 years (and that was 'Noisetrekker' or something on the Amiga) - how can you prevent a new note from cutting the previous one in a pattern. Is it possible? I know it can be done with the sampler but I can't do it with a machine. I would like some nice decays on my strings, you see...

Love the sound quality, BTW.

Shaun.

15.07.2002, 10:42 Profile of Sholley Add Sholley to your Buddy-List Homepage of Sholley
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

you can play with the release parameter of the synth machine to get smoother transition between notes or
you can also of course use several tracks for your notes.

15.07.2002, 10:54 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
Sholley

Date Registered:

Sholley ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Thanks ksn,
I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether the machine tracks are polyphonic or can they only play one note at a time?

15.07.2002, 21:58 Profile of Sholley Add Sholley to your Buddy-List Homepage of Sholley
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

each track in the pattern editor is of course monophonic and can play only one note at a time but use several tracks in your pattern and you play poly ! (native psycle synths are polyphonic)

you have no "machine tracks" : you put whatever you want in each track and for each row.
no track is dedicated to only one machine...

but maybe i misunderstood your point...

15.07.2002, 22:51 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Some machines are polyphonic "per track" and others arent. Arguru Synth is an example of monophonic per track, Feedme, or Phantom, are polyphonic per track (try using a long release time and you'll notice it)

So, in the end. This is not a tracker feature. it's a machine feature.

17.07.2002, 20:34 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

thx for helping me on this one [JAZ], i just realized my answer was not really explainatory

17.07.2002, 22:40 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS