PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTECH BOARD ╗ The Phuture of Psycle?
« Previous Thread Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Oldskoolraver ist offline
  The Phuture of Psycle?        Go on top to this Page

Is Psycle dead? I hope not. Apart from a few bugs (loading swapping samples during playback) Psycle is my favourite tracker on windows. I've tried them all! But to my ears the tracks I make in it, sound the best!
If development has stopped on it... Will I still be able to download it in say 10 years time?

25.11.2019, 20:16 Profile of Oldskoolraver Add Oldskoolraver to your Buddy-List Email to Oldskoolraver Homepage of Oldskoolraver
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hello.

I stopped working on Psycle a couple of years ago, partially because I wasn't using it much and because I started helping on an open source DJ software.
Nowadays I don't use Psycle (nor any other music compositing software) and almost don't use the DJ software because I spend my time with my girlfriend.

Some months ago, stefan started commiting changes but they are not on the main Psycle application, but instead it is another refactoring of it, to not depend on the Microsoft MFC library.

About the availability of Psycle, it will keep being available on sourceforge while the site is alive. I had thought about migrating it to Github so that others could more easily fork it and further develop it without needing to incorporate them to the developers.
But that is on hold, because git is not as easy as svn to people that haven't used it. Anyway, it will probably happen at some point.

About psycledelics, we are thinking about bringing it to history ( internet archive). The site code is really old and who knows when it will finally stop working. (We thought that would have happened a couple of years ago, because of an update to the server software where it is hosted)

About using it on the future, most probably the weak point is VSTs. The VST2 technology is legacy and VST 3 is not supported in Psycle.

Probably, we should also store or keep the microsoft vc 2008 runtimes somewhere, because they might stop hosting them because of it being legacy software. (The software could be built with vs 2013, but the plugin projects didn't build correctly the way they were setup)

26.11.2019, 22:08 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
Oldskoolraver

Date Registered:

Oldskoolraver ist offline
       Go on top to this Page

Thankyou for your detailed answer.
I'll keep using Psycle as long as my computer runs it. I'm a registered Renoise user also, but the stuff I make in Psycle always seems to sound better and I also love the simple interface.
...Anyhow thanks for all the work you and others have done, and good luck for the future.

08.12.2019, 16:09 Profile of Oldskoolraver Add Oldskoolraver to your Buddy-List Email to Oldskoolraver Homepage of Oldskoolraver
  « Previous Thread
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS