PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsMAIN BOARD ╗ Psycle on Linux?
« Previous Thread Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author
Psycler

Date Registered:

kvaksha ist offline
  Psycle on Linux?        Go on top to this Page

Hi all,
It's been a few years since I moved to Ubuntu Linux and due to certain life circumstances didn't make any music for some time. However, I'm back now, and since the native Linux audio programs are somewhat not to my taste (apart from Milky Tracker), I installed wine and tried to setup the trusty Psycle. However, I didn't succeed -- the 64-bit version crashes at startup (when choosing the audio output settings -- critical error reported), the 32-bit version soesn't start at all. I'm on 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 machine, latest verison of wine installed. Other tools of the trade I'm used to workd well (Reaper and Orion 8.6), with the exception of a few VST/i's.
Anyone know the workaround to get Psycle working in Wine/Ubuntu? Or maybe (just dreaming here) a Linux port is on the way?

18.04.2016, 10:22 Profile of kvaksha Add kvaksha to your Buddy-List Add kvaksha to your Contact-List
kvaksha
Psycler

Date Registered:

kvaksha ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

solved!

Either it was the today's wine update, or the fact that I tried v.12 of Psycle, but all's working now!

18.04.2016, 22:12 Profile of kvaksha Add kvaksha to your Buddy-List Add kvaksha to your Contact-List
Martin12345
Psycler

Date Registered:

Martin12345 ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Trying to make Psycle 1.12.0 and 1.12.2b work in linux but it crashes when I try to switch audio driver to wineasio. Both in ubuntu and manjaro.

10.08.2017, 10:57 Profile of Martin12345 Add Martin12345 to your Buddy-List Email to Martin12345
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

It's been a while since I last used Wine.

I did try now under Zorin OS (ubuntu derivate) and Wine 1.6.2, and Psycle itself works fine with Directsound driver.

I didn't know about wineasio. I tried using the version from kxstudio, but I didn't get jack to work correctly, so I couldn't test it.

--

Edit: Finally i got jack to work and indeed, it crashes as soon as the driver is selected.

I can't tell the reason from the trace shown with the project, and i can't debug inside wine. So it seems this would need manually writing to a log to know where it crashes.

10.08.2017, 20:02 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
Martin12345
Psycler

Date Registered:

Martin12345 ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

nevermind.
found spare hard drive, installing good old XP

12.08.2017, 21:21 Profile of Martin12345 Add Martin12345 to your Buddy-List Email to Martin12345
  « Previous Thread
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS