PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
ŧ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- ŧ Discussions ŧ TECH BOARD ŧ midi learn?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author
Psycler

Date Registered:

liquid boy ist offline
  midi learn?        Go on top to this Page

I've just bought a novation launch chontrol usb control surface, wanting to know if (and how) I can use it to tweak paramaters of machines in realtime without needing the mouse.

I've looked at this txt file:
http://psycle.pastnotecut.org/download/f...cs/tweaking.txt

but am clueless, i know the number of the parameter I want to use, but how do I specify which dial on my controler will control that param?

Am I missing something or is this not something I can do with psycle?

26.11.2015, 07:42 Profile of liquid boy Add liquid boy to your Buddy-List Homepage of liquid boy
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Unfortunately, there isn't a good way to do it right now.

There is a manual way (i.e. there is no autolearn feature) to do so in Configuration-Settings, MIDI Controllers tab.

In this tab, you can specify up to 16 controls, and tell Psycle what do you want the controller to do.

It is a very basic setup, and usually it isn't flexible enough, because generally you would like to do different things on different machines, and this doesn't allow it.

Usually, we recommend to simply use the "Record Raw MIDI as mcm", which, at least, sends the MIDI messages directly to the machine.
Since most VST machines support common controls, this sort of works by default.

It has been on the todo list to reimplement this completely, but as of now, it works this way.

Some users use specific maps on their own controllers (i.e. controllers tend to allow to load maps specific for programs) and if there's a program to generate one such map for your controller, you could adapt it for the multiple uses that you would need.

Btw, the values for the MIDI controller tab are the "CC" (control codes) for them.
If you don't have a reference for your controller, you can know them allowing it to write to the pattern editor and see which value is writing into the first part of the command column, i.e.:

mcm B0 01 AABB <- the AA pair.

Note that some controls, like the pitch bend, are not control commands, but midi messages by themselves.

26.11.2015, 19:55 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
ALY
Psycler

Date Registered:

ALY ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I do have have two LCīs to and i do use the twk -command

1st: you do have a software 2 map the different midichanals (in different temlates (user and factory)
user: you can do what you wanna do (CC-codes)
factory: is maped for "mainstream" software

2nd: I do use the midi-learn-function in the vst-itself and it workes werry well ... the most do have one (the rest i do use mouse) i i do tweak (and i donīt do it very often ...

lg alex

26.11.2015, 20:45 Profile of ALY Add ALY to your Buddy-List Email to ALY
ALY
Psycler

Date Registered:

ALY ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I do have have two LCīs to and i do use the twk -command

1st: you do have a software 2 map the different midichanals (in different temlates (user and factory)
user: you can do what you wanna do (CC-codes)
factory: is maped for "mainstream" software

2nd: I do use the midi-learn-function in the vst-itself and it workes werry well ... the most do have one (the rest i do use mouse) i i do tweak (and i donīt do it very often ...

lg alex

26.11.2015, 20:46 Profile of ALY Add ALY to your Buddy-List Email to ALY
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS