PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTECH BOARD ╗ Does not work on Windows 8.1
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author
Psycler

Date Registered:

reduz ist offline
  Does not work on Windows 8.1        Go on top to this Page

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Psycle Modular Music Studio\psycle.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

The 32 bits version works, but settings are not saved.

28.05.2015, 03:13 Profile of reduz Add reduz to your Buddy-List Email to reduz
ALY
Psycler

Date Registered:

ALY ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

do you use adminrights?

29.05.2015, 16:17 Profile of ALY Add ALY to your Buddy-List Email to ALY
reduz
Psycler

Date Registered:

reduz ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

no, just downloaded and ran psycle on a win8.1 install without any changes or anything special.

30.05.2015, 15:11 Profile of reduz Add reduz to your Buddy-List Email to reduz
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hello.
I haven't personally tried Psycle on windows 8.x, but I think that other users have it running.

Several things to take in mind:
- psycle uses the vc and mfc runtimes of version 9. These are not present by default on windows and have 32 and 64bits versions. The first thing I suggest is reinstalling psycle 64 bit an ensure that you select the runtimes too. Alternatively, search for microsoft visual studio 2008 runtimes at microsoft downloads and install both bit versions.

- Psycle 1.10 onwards has multiple places to store the configuration, but there is no way to specify the default place. It.just searches the first place used in a predefined order. I assume you installed it as administrator, ran it from the setup and that saved the settings as admin. Later on, you run it as normal user, loads from admin settings and cannor replace admin settings.
If this is the case, I suggest running it as admin, go to the configuration settings keyboard and misc Tab, and from there change the place were it saves. Change it to user settings. It will ask to delete the old place. Answer yes. That should fix the issue.
Also note that psycle 32 and paycle 64 can share the settings. For independent settings, it needs to wtite to psycle's directory.

31.05.2015, 14:37 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
phunster
Psycler

Date Registered:

phunster ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

MS Links:

Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64)

Service Pack and Security update (for both 32 and 64 bit):

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 MFC Security Update

09.06.2015, 20:52 Profile of phunster Add phunster to your Buddy-List
bohan
Psycler

Date Registered:

bohan ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Can we ship the dlls alongside psycle ?

23.06.2015, 22:42 Profile of bohan Add bohan to your Buddy-List Email to bohan
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

If you mean like we did with the 2002/2003 runtimes (7.0,7.1), I think it cannot, or at least it didn't work initially.
Psycle installer downloads the runtime installer from internet, from microsoft's site, but only if the option is enabled by the user.
Maybe the installer should run a test as to know if it is present or not, so it is enabled for installation when not present.

The official version is still compiled from VS2008 (so runtime 9).
The vs2010 version had problems compiling the plugins (due to that shared precompiled headers build, which i didn't fix), and I created recently a vs2013 (of which the community edition is free and contains the MFC), but It's not operative yet, because I wanted to made it Unicode instead of ANSI/multi-byte like it is now.

Moving to 2013 removes support for Win XP, but should be better for win 8 and win 10, but again, i haven't personally tested the current vs 2008 build with those OSs.

24.06.2015, 10:44 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS