PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD How To Make A Smooth Loop?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Thyrye ist offline
  How To Make A Smooth Loop?        Go on top to this Page

When you listen to a normal hip song or whatever the sample clearly loops alot but it sounds natural. How do you make a smooth loop like this without it sounding so sudden when your sample reloops???

I've been trying to figure this out forever. When I try to loop my samples I can never seem to time things right so everything sounds natural and not like a part of the sample just randomly drops in all the time.

18.06.2014, 05:27 Profile of Thyrye Add Thyrye to your Buddy-List Email to Thyrye
Directionless

Date Registered:

Directionless ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I'm not at my music machine to reference it exactly or take a screen shot, but..

You click on the sample setting screen from Psycle toolbar and there is an option to specify something to the effect of 'repeat sample to pattern' which you can set for whatever is the closest fit for the loop - typically for a drum loop it may be 32 or 64 patterns.

That way it seamlessly time-stretches the loop to the pattern length specified. If it sounds too sped up, double the pattern length specified. Likewise, if it sounds too slow, cut the pattern length specification in half.

18.06.2014, 07:29 Profile of Directionless Add Directionless to your Buddy-List Homepage of Directionless
Directionless

Date Registered:

Directionless ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

To clarify, it is in the 'Intrument Editor' view. The parameter is within the 'Tempo Looping Tool'.

http://directionless.mynoisebleeds.com/h...psycle_loop.jpg

18.06.2014, 16:48 Profile of Directionless Add Directionless to your Buddy-List Homepage of Directionless
shadowbane

Date Registered:

shadowbane ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

For instrument samples it is way more complex and involves making sure that the waveform lines up nicely. You can often get acceptable results on instrument samples by zooming in on the sample until the waveform in the wave editor and then trying out different combinations of places where it crosses the 0 point. Also, some samples can automatically be given loop points.

I never really use drum loops, so I can only really talk about instrument samples.

20.06.2014, 00:08 Profile of shadowbane Add shadowbane to your Buddy-List
ALY

Date Registered:

ALY ist offline
  @Thyrye        Go on top to this Page

I total agree ... a higher solution is good too ... to give them the right point to stop or to start ... i did often sampled sounds out of re-birth (cause i do love the handling of it all) ... the beats in http://www.magix.info/de/rendezvous-vol01.audio.284337.html are made in this procedure ...
lg alex

20.06.2014, 21:00 Profile of ALY Add ALY to your Buddy-List Email to ALY
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS