PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ Psycle Newbie asks?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Voltrom ist offline
  Psycle Newbie asks?        Go on top to this Page

Hi there again Forum.

I have a question; is it possible to add more channels to the mixer because i see only twelve, i`m already at my borders with the instruments and when i try to add a new one it won`t connect.

My second question is, from what i saw in the cpu section there is only one core support, is this confirmed? Edit: I found a thread from 2010 in which [JAZ] and some other people talk about it but i`m not sure if it was implemented already.

Thanks in advance.

Voltrom/electronictriphop
.A#.Electro(Breaks)

16.02.2013, 00:35 Profile of Voltrom Add Voltrom to your Buddy-List Email to Voltrom
Ashrilyn

Date Registered:

Ashrilyn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I don't know if it is the right or best way to do it, but the solution I use is to connect further instruments to a new mixer, and connect that mixer to the first one. Or multiple mixers all chained to the same effect in the end, etc.

All I know is that on my quad-core system, Psycle will use 40-some % of the total CPU in some of my projects which have a lot of CPU-hungry VST plugins.
I find I have to increase the sound buffers, and even then may still get some audio stuttering, but it could simply be something about the way FreeAmp 2 acts, or some of the other VST plugins I use. (This only concerning stuttering during playback. Rendering a wav is just fine.)

16.02.2013, 06:16 Profile of Ashrilyn Add Ashrilyn to your Buddy-List Email to Ashrilyn
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hello.

Yes, the 12 wires is a limitation that we currently have in the fileformat which we didn't find necessary to fix.

The workaround is to add a new effect. Now, with the new "Send return mixer" effect, this is even the preffered way, instead of connecting everything to the master (minimixer)

So, I recommend using several send return mixers to mix, and then output this to the master or effect that you want.

About the multicore support, yes, this got implemented in version 1.10.x. In version 1.10.0 it was automatically detecting the number of cores (not of processor threads), and using those as the audio threads.
In version 1.10.1, this is even configurable from the settings dialog, in the Input/output tab. Using the value of zero (default) uses the detection mechanism, else it uses the amount of threads entered by the user.

Now, about the multithreaded engine, it is slower than the single threaded engine, but generally it is compensated by the possibility to use more cpu cores. That said, if there are a few machine that use most of the CPU, then it cannot benefit from it much, especially if they are chained. Also, the cpu usage display in Psycle is a bit incorrect due to this. (The total cpu is correct, the machine cpu is not).
I want to improve a bit the engine, but that is not planned yet.

16.02.2013, 09:36 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
Voltrom

Date Registered:

Voltrom ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Thanks for the answers, i get it now.

Greets to all Psyclers.

Voltrom/electronictriphop
.A#.Electro(Breaks)

16.02.2013, 20:36 Profile of Voltrom Add Voltrom to your Buddy-List Email to Voltrom
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS