PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsMAIN BOARD ╗ Qpsycle?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

DrSalvadork ist offline
  Qpsycle?        Go on top to this Page

Hello psycle-crew,
I'm a big fan of psycle, and have been for several years now.

I'm just wondering if qPsycle is still being developed?

Take care peeps!

24.09.2011, 23:47 Profile of DrSalvadork Add DrSalvadork to your Buddy-List Email to DrSalvadork YIM Screenname: vashthetempest
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

The development of Qpsycle (the UI) was stopped somewhere around 2009 due to lack of developers.

The engine (psycle-core) is quite mature, and in the beggining of 2010 was inserted into Psycle. But compatibility issues with some features forced the reversal of that decision.
Some features have been backported from psycle-core to Psycle (like the multithreaded engine), and right now psycle-core would need to get updated to get the latest additions.

The intention was to restructure the current Psycle engine to become a new psycle-core, using original psycle-core files where possible and skipping the parts that made it too complex.

All of this, of course, if there's enough interest and time.
That's why i've tried to focus on Psycle and after one year, the new release is almost ready.

25.09.2011, 00:28 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
DrSalvadork

Date Registered:

DrSalvadork ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hey JAZ! Thank you for your quick response! I remember I thought you were going to leave the site at one point... You're pretty much the only person I remember from here.

Wow, that's awesome to hear! I'm glad there's been progress!
I'm sorry there hasn't been enough interest though, the product has potential in my eyes, cause it's the most easy-to-use DAW I've ever tried.

I wish there was something I could do to help. (and if there is, i'd love to)

Anyway, good luck with development!

25.09.2011, 00:40 Profile of DrSalvadork Add DrSalvadork to your Buddy-List Email to DrSalvadork YIM Screenname: vashthetempest
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

You are right. I said I would leave.

There were two reasons for that decision: To refocus my life to find a couple and start something, and to give Psycle the opportunity to get a developer with more energy who could drive the development.

But the truth is that i am still alone, no new developer came, users where asking for some features and Psycle itself started to look like old software.

That made me rethink my decision, and after all, accept that Psycle is not just a hobby, but also part of my life.

I've even tried to convince coworkers to join Psycle development without much success.

So I came back and started to work on Psycle 1.8.8, leaving aside lots of code, like Qpsycle, psycle-core, some UI improvements made on the development branch...
And this has eventually reached the state of release, which I plan to do next weekend or so.

25.09.2011, 10:19 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
MfM

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Josep,we MUST build a statue of you,for all your efforts....
thx to you ∞

25.09.2011, 11:32 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
DrSalvadork

Date Registered:

DrSalvadork ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I'm sorry man... That's really tough...

Strength to you, and don't lose hope! If I ever bump into an open-source fanatic, i'll tell them about this project.

25.09.2011, 13:48 Profile of DrSalvadork Add DrSalvadork to your Buddy-List Email to DrSalvadork YIM Screenname: vashthetempest
sorath72

Date Registered:

sorath72 ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I just installed ubuntu on my laptop cause my previous windows program was corrupt and I just gave up on vista. Anyways after trying to load and play with psycle tracker through wine it just would crash all the time and be very unstable unlike its windows counterpart. So I really need Qpsycle to be finished if ever. Couldn't you get support from linux magazines like Linux Journal to get developers on Qpsycle? Did it ever been posted in a magazine before? I'll e-mail them and tell them about it.

Thanks,
Stephane

17.10.2011, 19:13 Profile of sorath72 Add sorath72 to your Buddy-List Email to sorath72
shadowbane

Date Registered:

shadowbane ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Ubuntu ships with an old wine by default. Update to the latest wine and Psycle works flawlessly. Even when qpsycle worked I opted for Wine so that I could use windows VSTs.

17.10.2011, 19:25 Profile of shadowbane Add shadowbane to your Buddy-List
sorath72

Date Registered:

sorath72 ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

anyways I wrote a letter to the editor of linux journal to have Qpsycle in there articles in the future. I hope it works. We need developers.

17.10.2011, 19:29 Profile of sorath72 Add sorath72 to your Buddy-List Email to sorath72
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Soyacosplay.com ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS