PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD drums in psycle
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

ddk ist offline
  drums in psycle        Go on top to this Page

I am new to psycle (relatively) and am trying to get an acoustic drums vst to work, but all that i can manage is the hi-hat on c-4. How on earth do i get the other parts of the drum to work? Please help!

11.08.2010, 20:04 Profile of ddk Add ddk to your Buddy-List Email to ddk
shadowbane

Date Registered:

shadowbane ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Probably other keys are other notes? Really can't help more without more info.

12.08.2010, 01:15 Profile of shadowbane Add shadowbane to your Buddy-List
ddk

Date Registered:

ddk ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I have two different vst's but the main one is dsk acoustic drumz, and i have tried the other notes and up and down the octaves but no other note seems to make a noise. I can't think what other information to give.

13.08.2010, 19:42 Profile of ddk Add ddk to your Buddy-List Email to ddk
Directionless

Date Registered:

Directionless ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Some drum VSTs were designed for use with midi. The corresponding interface could be missing when using just your PC keyboard. Or maybe the drum VST could be glitchy using Psycle as a host.

If you have played around with all the settings and nothing is working, the best thing to do is try some other VSTs or use samples, which are probably superior sounding anyway. Run the Psycle sampler on medium to high quality.

There are some great drum samples for free here

13.08.2010, 23:51 Profile of Directionless Add Directionless to your Buddy-List Homepage of Directionless
shadowbane

Date Registered:

shadowbane ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I have found that my favorite drums are using soundfonts inside sfz.. You lose a little of the control you get with samples though..

When (if?) linux support arrives I am planning on using external software for my drums with jack transport, which will be pretty great.

14.08.2010, 02:50 Profile of shadowbane Add shadowbane to your Buddy-List
ddk

Date Registered:

ddk ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I am attempting to try the drum samples (thanks for the suggestion btw) but can't seem to get the samples to load. I load the Sampler and attach it to the Master then press load, choose a file, click open then . . . nothing. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

14.08.2010, 19:20 Profile of ddk Add ddk to your Buddy-List Email to ddk
SAS

Date Registered:

SAS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by ddk
I am attempting to try the drum samples (thanks for the suggestion btw) but can't seem to get the samples to load. I load the Sampler and attach it to the Master then press load, choose a file, click open then . . . nothing. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Sounds like 32bit samples. Had that issue while back with downloaded ones. Check for it and if needed, convert them to 44.1 / 16bit samples. Might fix that issue

Cheers!
SAS

14.08.2010, 19:40 Profile of SAS Add SAS to your Buddy-List Homepage of SAS Add SAS to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: S0l4RiS YIM Screenname: who's using YIM ???
Directionless

Date Registered:

Directionless ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:

Strange. Those samples I linked should be 44.1 khz. Maybe, can you upload the .PSY file with the sampler set up and drum sample(s) loaded? So we can open it and determine if this is user error or something more weird.

Also what version of Psycle? Anything special about your PC setup? Onboard sound? Unique soundcard? Other VSTs and/or instrument samples have worked fine?

15.08.2010, 04:36 Profile of Directionless Add Directionless to your Buddy-List Homepage of Directionless
ddk

Date Registered:

ddk ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

i found the problem with the samples - there must have been a glitch when i unzipped the file. Thankfully everything is working fine now and the samples are exactly what i needed. Thanks for the help!

17.08.2010, 19:35 Profile of ddk Add ddk to your Buddy-List Email to ddk
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS