PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD Why do my melodies sounds like mush?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

TheGreatGambini ist offline
  Why do my melodies sounds like mush?        Go on top to this Page

Hello i am just starting to make electronic music. If i use the pattern generator (with native or VST machines) i have the big problem, that even melodies which i have listenen before (from on non electronic source) sounds like mush (it means i can hear every instrument clearly but something important is missing in the melody). From my point of view this is up to the missing accent for the first note of a beat. I try to make this first note louder than the others by using twk or a cloned machine with a higher volume. But this seems not to work? Therefore i have some questions:
- Could there another origin for this problem?
- How can I accentuate the first note of a beat?
- How can I improve the performance of a song?

19.05.2009, 14:14 Profile of TheGreatGambini Add TheGreatGambini to your Buddy-List Email to TheGreatGambini
Polystyrene Man

Date Registered:

Polystyrene Man ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

A simple melody probably won't sound "right" to you because it's usually supported by some kind of harmony and a bass line.

Articulation and dynamics are important, but they're not everything.

OurStage!

19.05.2009, 21:34 Profile of Polystyrene Man Add Polystyrene Man to your Buddy-List
TheGreatGambini

Date Registered:

Go on top to this Page

Thank you very much for your reply. I think you are right, but how can i accentuate only one note in a beat?

20.05.2009, 09:31 Profile of TheGreatGambini Add TheGreatGambini to your Buddy-List Email to TheGreatGambini
Ali Bla Bla

Date Registered:

Ali Bla Bla ist offline
  Beat 1 and 3        Go on top to this Page

Salut!
Try to build your instrument melody on 2 or more vertical rows with the same vst.

Like this, you can change the volume of the same instrument at specific places.

(DOING, space, space space) = volume 85%

and

(space, doing, doing, doing) = volume 70%
for the second vertical row, so you have

DOING, doing doing doing!
for output!

You can use this to compose melody with different colors on more than 2 vertical rows!

Bla bla bla...

20.05.2009, 10:48 Profile of Ali Bla Bla Add Ali Bla Bla to your Buddy-List Homepage of Ali Bla Bla
TheGreatGambini

Date Registered:

Go on top to this Page

Ok thank you very much, but how can I change the volume of the same machine in different rows (i.e. tracks?) ? if i have understood it in the right way, using twk only changes the parameters of the machine not of distinct track?

20.05.2009, 14:01 Profile of TheGreatGambini Add TheGreatGambini to your Buddy-List Email to TheGreatGambini
shadowbane

Date Registered:

shadowbane ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

use the 0Cxx command to control how hard the key was pressed (volume)

20.05.2009, 16:31 Profile of shadowbane Add shadowbane to your Buddy-List
Ali Bla Bla

Date Registered:

Ali Bla Bla ist offline
  Re bla bla        Go on top to this Page

Master vst = row 1

clone 1 of master vst = row 2 for accents

clone 2 of ....

Each VST can be controlled one by one and they have more or less the same parameters.

20.05.2009, 23:24 Profile of Ali Bla Bla Add Ali Bla Bla to your Buddy-List Homepage of Ali Bla Bla
Ali Bla Bla

Date Registered:

Ali Bla Bla ist offline
  tweak        Go on top to this Page

I use tweak solution only for progressive changes but for accents, (my point of view!), it save tweak manipulations
if you have to do a lot of variations.

20.05.2009, 23:45 Profile of Ali Bla Bla Add Ali Bla Bla to your Buddy-List Homepage of Ali Bla Bla
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS