PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
» Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- » Discussions » TIPS BOARD » Gah! Another question. (pattern length)
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Shadowcliff ist offline
  Gah! Another question. (pattern length)        Go on top to this Page

OK, so I'm working on my first song, and I reach the point where I add length to the pattern. I put the pattern up to the level where the arrow stopped moving the number (1023). Then I reach the end of that. I tried to add more by typing in a new number (3000) but it didn't work.

How do you add more length to the pattern? Is 1023 the maximum number? If not, what is and how do you add more?

07.04.2008, 04:17 Profile of Shadowcliff Add Shadowcliff to your Buddy-List
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Can I ask why you want a pattern that long? 1024 is very long! Why not use multiple patterns?

Oh, and yes, I'm pretty sure 1024 is the maximum pattern length - but of course, you can have many many patterns (256 I think)!

Last edited by TranceMyriad on 07.04.2008, 11:13 o'clock.

07.04.2008, 11:12 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
Shadowcliff

Date Registered:

Shadowcliff ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by TranceMyriad
Can I ask why you want a pattern that long? 1024 is very long! Why not use multiple patterns?

Oh, and yes, I'm pretty sure 1024 is the maximum pattern length - but of course, you can have many many patterns (256 I think)!

Well, my song is pretty fast, so it takes up more space faster. I was hoping for a large composing space when I downloaded this program (like a really high or unlimited limit).
By multiple patterns, do you mean like seperate files, or mutiple patterns in the song? I know you can have up to 64 tracks. What do you mean by multiple patterns, and how do I do it?

P.S. My song takes up that much space because I want it to be a good size for Flash Flash Revolution .

08.04.2008, 02:08 Profile of Shadowcliff Add Shadowcliff to your Buddy-List
dark_virus

Date Registered:

dark_virus ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by TranceMyriad

LOL!

To the OP:

Nope. What TranceMyriad is saying is about the number of patterns you can have on a song. (max 256 patterns, I think too)

So, you're using a 1024 rows pattern ( )? If you need more patterns, you can click on the "new" button at the left side of the program (pattern sequence editor) Voilá! There's a brand new pattern, for your pleasure.

Go to pattern editor (F3), right click on it, and choose "pattern properties". Throw in any length up to 1024.

Personally, I don't see much sense in work with this long patterns. I preffer to have some 64 steps patterns, but maybe other styles than electronic 4x4 can benefit from it.

08.04.2008, 02:25 Profile of dark_virus Add dark_virus to your Buddy-List Homepage of dark_virus
Shadowcliff

Date Registered:

Shadowcliff ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hah, now I realize how stupid I must sound.
I thought that the whole song goes in the pattern. The pattern thing wasn't making sense to me, so I downloaded a song off here. Then I saw how to do it.

08.04.2008, 02:43 Profile of Shadowcliff Add Shadowcliff to your Buddy-List
rompy

Date Registered:

rompy ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Yea, that's confusing to me too. What song did you download that made it clear?

16.05.2009, 09:39 Profile of rompy Add rompy to your Buddy-List Email to rompy
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Any song you want.

Also note that Psycle 1.8.5 comes with 4 demo songs, so you may already have those.

The concept of Trackers has always been a group of sheets (patterns), sequenced in order in a single line sequence. (in case of psycle, the list on the left). You can repeat the patterns inside this sequence.

That, as opposed to sequencers or DAW's, that have a multiple line sequence, where you write the notations separatedly.

16.05.2009, 11:59 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I have done some experimentation with large pattern sizes and large LPB Values in order to get more accurate sounding guitar strums. It sounds VERY convincing, but unfortunately I found it too annoying and frustrating to make more than 2 patterns worth of strumming... But you can definitely tweak the timing of the notes, and the note volumes in the strums to affect strum direction, strum speed, hardness and natural variation... While 1024 lines would accommodate a greater range of control, it also makes it unwieldy, and something I'd only use if we had a multipattern sequencer which allowed separate LPB between patterns.

In other words, the time you would invest in using that kind of accuracy in a tracker, is only worth it if you can re-use a lot of it...

03.06.2009, 10:08 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS