PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ Multiple Instances - Multiple Machines - Live
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Ohm_Sweet_Ohm ist offline
Multiple Instances - Multiple Machines - Live        Go on top to this Page

First of all, let me congratulate the developers of this great VST Host and sequencer. I have used several and Psycle has already solved problems I was having and improved the sound of my recordings. I learn something new each time I spend some time with it, but have yet to understand whether I can trigger either multiple instances of the same VST or different machines, live from my MIDI in keyboard, playing live. My experience so far is each machine needs to be input separately, recorded into the sequencer, which will then play back multiple machines simultaneously. Any light someone could shed on whether this capability exists or not would be great. Once again, many thanks to the developers...

Ohm

09.12.2007, 02:55 Profile of Ohm_Sweet_Ohm Add Ohm_Sweet_Ohm to your Buddy-List
Directionless

Date Registered:

Directionless ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I don't know much about MIDI so not sure if there is a MIDI function for this... but what would accomplish what you are asking is a $ VST like Chainer.

09.12.2007, 03:39 Profile of Directionless Add Directionless to your Buddy-List Homepage of Directionless
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

What you ask could be done, but is not easily to do with the way Psycle currently handles MIDI.

I.e. you would have to use your midi keyboard as if it was a sequencer, and for this, you would have to assign, from the keyboard, which instrument (set as if you changed the program) plays in which midi channel, and then, you could use different midi channels to play different instruments.

I plan to recode MIDI completely and soon, in order to improve the usage of hardware MIDI with Psycle in different fronts ( machine control, parameter changes, and several hardware at the same time )

09.12.2007, 12:16 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
Ohm_Sweet_Ohm

Date Registered:

Ohm_Sweet_Ohm ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Thanks [JAZ] and Directionless... I'm using registered version N.I. Absynth 4 as well as Crystal, Synth 1, UltraSonique, etc. My primary instrument is Guitar Synth (Roland GR-1) although I've been experimenting with MIDI keyboard over the last year. My music is "Organic Ambient" with years of listening to Kraftwerk, Steve Roach, Robert Rich, Andreas Vollenweider, Fripp and Eno, with a healthy dose of Pink Floyd. I like deep, rich pads with slow attack, plenty of delay, and long sustain.

I was using vsthost, of which I understand Psycle developers used at least part of Seib's engine to come up with Psycle. Anyway, Psycle works very well for my current use, and I look forward to future developments. Thanks again for a great musical tool...

Ohm

10.12.2007, 03:58 Profile of Ohm_Sweet_Ohm Add Ohm_Sweet_Ohm to your Buddy-List
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

'Ohm Sweet Ohm' is one of my favorite electronic music tunes

10.12.2007, 09:33 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS