| Psycle development status : July 2007|| |
1.8.5RC re-released on saturday 28th.
Those users that had psycle crashing on startup, should try the SSE version ( Pentium III, AMD Athlon XP machines and similar ones ) If you have still older machines, you might not be able to use Psycle.
Psycle's development is going strong, and has just reached Release Candidate.
You can download it from Sourceforge at : http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles...lease_id=527950
The purpose of 1.8.5RC is to allow the community at large participate in the detection of bugs and bad-behaving features before labeling it stable.
This release (1.8.5) means the first stable one after more than two years. It contains code from the original 1.8 version, as well as merges of code from the 1.9 alpha that served as a base for qpsycle. Updated plugins are included aswell.
This is the Changelog:
* Finished the reimplementation of the VSTHost. (Internal and UI).
* Extended and finished the Mixer machine. 12ins 12sends/returns, with routing abilities.
* Improved Sampulse partially, can load instruments and be used in a song. (Still incomplete)
* Improvements in the new Interpolate Curve Dialog.
* Changes in the Sequencer toolbar. Now it can show names of patterns and change them.
* Improvements in source code (partially from 1.9 alpha)
+ Several new native plugins (most developed during the 1.9 alpha period). Total number is now 70
+ Wave In machine that allows input from external sources. Only works with directsound and ASIO for now.
+ Sinc interpolation for sampler. Should offer better quality, but it's quite slower.
+ Record to clipboard added to Record to Wave dialog box. (Works only with psycle for now)
+ Blocks in patterns can be moved by dragging them, as well as via popup menu.
+ Volume, panning and portamento commands for VST's ( volume does channel aftertouch for now )
+ Yannis midi native plugin nearly usable now (doesn't sync too well if used in a pattern)
! Fixes in several native plugins ( arguru synth, ayeternal delay, ...)
! bugfixes and other smaller additions.
<[JAZ]> Pa pi pa pa pa pi pa.... ;ĚD