PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ noob question
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

shadowbane ist offline
noob question        Go on top to this Page

Ok, I made a pattern in the pattern editor, but I can't get some of my machines to stop. Can somebody please tell me how to put a key off command in the pattern editor?

12.07.2007, 16:11 Profile of shadowbane Add shadowbane to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

note off is a note, so it is entered in the note column.

The key to enter it is the number "1" in the keyboard, over the letter Q in a standard keyboard. (A if french).

Since this question has been asked a couple of times recently... Would you mind telling me where did you search this info, and/or where you thought the answer would be? thanks.

12.07.2007, 19:39 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
dark_virus

Date Registered:

dark_virus ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

In the pattern editor, put the cursor down where you wish the note to stop playing, and press "1" (at the left corner of your keyboard)

The result is:

off .. XX ....

where "XX" is the machine number.

Actually, the Psycle manual tells about the OFF command, but doesn't indicates the proper button.

The interface -> pattern editor -> entering notes

12.07.2007, 19:42 Profile of dark_virus Add dark_virus to your Buddy-List Homepage of dark_virus
shadowbane

Date Registered:

shadowbane ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Thanks. I thought the answer would be in the help file that comes with Psycle. I would have checked on the board, but there is no search feature.

12.07.2007, 20:00 Profile of shadowbane Add shadowbane to your Buddy-List
Directionless

Date Registered:

Directionless ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by shadowbane
Ok, I made a pattern in the pattern editor, but I can't get some of my machines to stop. Can somebody please tell me how to put a key off command in the pattern editor?

haha that's true it should be more clear how to do that. as people already mentioned, using the '1' in the main pattern data entry field is the universal cutoff command from the old trackers like S3M & IT.

incidientally, if you are using the sampler machine or certain other VSTis like MDA piano. you can use another command as well if you simply want to lower the volume or turn it off for a few beats and then turn it back on without starting the note over. this is done with '0C00' in the far right entry field of the pattern channel. then turning it back on would be '0CFF'. anything between '00' & 'FF' would keep it on at a reduced volume.

happy tracking.

12.07.2007, 20:53 Profile of Directionless Add Directionless to your Buddy-List Homepage of Directionless
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Unfortunately it's hard to anticipate the multitude of different ways that users will phrase a question. If you do a search in the help file, look for the "Notes" section, it says in there how to do it

13.07.2007, 11:42 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
dark_virus

Date Registered:

dark_virus ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by TranceMyriad
Unfortunately it's hard to anticipate the multitude of different ways that users will phrase a question. If you do a search in the help file, look for the "Notes" section, it says in there how to do it

From the Psycle help file:

quote:

When entering notes, make sure the cursor is in the left-hand side of the track. To edit other parts of the note entry (channel, machine number, parameter) move using the arrow keys or the mouse.

To enter chords, hold shift and press each note. They will be place on the same line, to the right of the cursor.

Unlike other notation systems, note durations will depend on the volume envelope settings in the machine, and on note-off commands. Note-off commands send a "note off" signal to the machine, which often triggers the "release" part of the volume envelope (this depends on the machine itself) the "off" command:

off .. XX ....
where XX is the machine number.

Like I said, I didn't found the proper button in that text.

I remember perfectly having the same problem, and found the answer here, in some thread.

IMHO, Psycle is a complex software for beginners. So, it's normal to have questions already answered.

13.07.2007, 14:24 Profile of dark_virus Add dark_virus to your Buddy-List Homepage of dark_virus
shadowbane

Date Registered:

shadowbane ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I have another question. Is it possible to copy a pattern and then edit the new one without changing the old one?

13.07.2007, 21:20 Profile of shadowbane Add shadowbane to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Yes, use the "clone" button in the sequence.

13.07.2007, 22:01 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
SAS

Date Registered:

SAS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by The_Brainwashed
IMHO, Psycle is a complex software for beginners. So, it's normal to have questions already answered.

That's why we are a bunch of nice folks, to answer every question. (When we're able to ... )

13.07.2007, 22:53 Profile of SAS Add SAS to your Buddy-List Homepage of SAS Add SAS to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: S0l4RiS YIM Screenname: who's using YIM ???
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by The_Brainwashed
Like I said, I didn't found the proper button in that text.

I remember perfectly having the same problem, and found the answer here, in some thread.

That's because anyone can change the keyboard mapping to whatever they like (though perhaps the default key presets should be given in there as well). You can find the list of default keyboard presets somewhere else in the help file.

Last edited by TranceMyriad on 14.07.2007, 01:19 o'clock.

14.07.2007, 01:19 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
Directionless

Date Registered:

Directionless ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by [JAZ]
Yes, use the "clone" button in the sequence.

Curious. When you use the clone feature - then edit the cloned pattern, doesn't that change the original pattern you cloned from as well?

14.07.2007, 04:47 Profile of Directionless Add Directionless to your Buddy-List Homepage of Directionless
dark_virus

Date Registered:

dark_virus ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by Directionless
Curious. When you use the clone feature - then edit the cloned pattern, doesn't that change the original pattern you cloned from as well?

No. This happens only if you use the copy/paste or the "ins" command (in sequence panel).

Last edited by dark_virus on 14.07.2007, 06:28 o'clock.

14.07.2007, 05:53 Profile of dark_virus Add dark_virus to your Buddy-List Homepage of dark_virus
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS