PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ Pitch Bend with VSTs
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

planetvenga ist offline
  Pitch Bend with VSTs        Go on top to this Page

I'm trying to figure out how to bend the pitch with my VST Key Rig.

I know that you can bend the pitch with internal instruments (and only some at that) by using 01xx or 02xx.

However, Key Rig contains options to map all the controls for it's synthesizers to MIDI commands. So I was wondering if I could use a Pitch bend mcm command or something to control Key Rig's pitch bend. MIDI and Psycle sort of confuses me, so any explanation on how to do this would be helpful.

Also, envelopes in Key Rig will happen when I play in Machine View mode with the keyboard but when I write notes in the pattern editor, the envelopes dissappear on playback, it's like Psycle ignores them. For example Key Rig has a Mod Envelope called "Wav Mod 1+2" which bends the pitch to whichever the next note is. It works when I play in real time, but dissappears on playback. How to make Psycle recognize it?

Thanks
planetvenga

"Pretend like you have fans even if you don't"

03.07.2007, 16:04 Profile of planetvenga Add planetvenga to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

*Pitch Bend:

alk is adding a "classic command" to vst's to allow to do pitch slide, and pitch to note as you do in those native instruments (or in old trackers, for that matter). It sends the appropiate midi messages for you.
Also, changing volume while note is on is coming aswell.

* MIDI to vst's with Psycle:

like you're guessing, the "mcm" command is the way to talk to the plugins directly. mcm syntax is simple, if you know MIDI messages. mcm CC MM AABB

CC -> Message ( 80 noteoff 90 noteon... B0 control command...)

MM -> the machine number.

AA -> first byte of the MIDI message ( in noteon/off it is used for the note number, in control comand it specifies which command).

BB -> second byte of the MIDI message.

*Envelopes/glide

Since psycle is a tracker, and MIDI was thought to be used in sequencers, where the note lenght is explicitely specified, Psycle inserts note offs when a new note comes, preventing previous notes from being left playing.

While this is the desired way most of the times, it makes it difficult to do glide from one note to another, in instruments that support it.

The workaround is to put the new note on a new track, instead of the same one. This prevents psycle from calling the corresponding noteoff before the new note.

03.07.2007, 17:40 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
planetvenga

Date Registered:

planetvenga ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Thanks for the feedback, I tried the envelopes/glide thing you suggested of using two tracks for the notes, it works nicely. I am going to try the "mcm" VST relations tomorrow.

Also, how does Psycle recognize more than MIDI channel 1? In the Psycle MIDI implementation chart, channel n is mapped to track n.. I can only get channel 1 to work on all tracks.

Thanks again,
planetvenga

p.s. I look forward to those new pitch bend functions

Last edited by planetvenga on 04.07.2007, 00:33 o'clock.

04.07.2007, 00:32 Profile of planetvenga Add planetvenga to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

To simply play notes, insert the channel number ( 00 to 0F ) in the "aux" column ( C-5 02 01 0000 )

if you mean with the mcm command, the channel is inserted with the command. 80 noteoff (on chan 1) , 82 -> noteoff on channel 3

04.07.2007, 17:40 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
planetvenga

Date Registered:

planetvenga ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

thanks for the help,
plannetvenga

04.07.2007, 23:05 Profile of planetvenga Add planetvenga to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS