PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ Useable live?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Disestabulistic ist offline
  Useable live?        Go on top to this Page

My (musical) keyboard is a piece of crap, with very pedestrian presets. I love the sounds that I can create in Psycle so...

I was wondering if

A) I can control the sounds that I create in Psycle with an external keyboard (yamaha psr-290)?

B) It is possible (or advisable) to use these sounds in a live setting (just playing the sounds without using the sequencer to create songs)?

If so, would I need one or two midi cables? Would the sound come out of the computer or the keyboard?

I read some of the faqs, but but I found them a bit confusing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

02.05.2007, 03:14 Profile of Disestabulistic Add Disestabulistic to your Buddy-List
MfM

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

hello and welcome!
i don't know about yamaha psr-290 but if it is a midi keyboard you can easily control your psycle with it.
you can of course use psycle for live music or dj session,you can also make some jingles and play live around them at the same time or use it just for introducing some music for example in some mixed tracks you can insert a special fx or play an instruments or a drum....there are endless way to use psycle imho!
concerning midi cables i'm not sure about the cables because i use usb connection,maybe they are 2
of course the sound will come out from the computer.

CHEERS MfM

02.05.2007, 17:20 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

First of all, yes, you can.

Next, Psycle only supports midi Input, so you really only need to send midi to psycle, not receive it. (one cable)
Of course, this implies that the sound comes out from psycle, and your soundcard.

Your keyboard uses standard midi connectors, but i see in the manual ( http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/...ort/PSR290E.pdf )
"When connecting to a computer with a USB interface, use the Yamaha UX16 USB/MIDI Interface. Connect the UX16 and the computer with a standard USB cable, then make the proper MIDI connections between the PSR-290 and the UX16."

If the package includes it, use it, else, I guess you' will have to use the standard midi cables that go into the the game/midi port, or into the dedicated midi connector (if your soundcard has any of them).
Then, you would select in psycle the standard "Midi Input".
(in the Configuration, inputs )

Nowadays, keyboards connect via the USB port, which simplifies enormously all these, and creates a dedicated port for them. This means that in psycle you could select the keyboard.

Finally, in psycle, you will have to disable the checkbox in the configuration that says:" Enabled: sequenced with...."

02.05.2007, 19:39 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
Disestabulistic

Date Registered:

Disestabulistic ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

This is great news!
Thanks for the help!

03.05.2007, 03:00 Profile of Disestabulistic Add Disestabulistic to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS