PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
» Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- » Discussions » TIPS BOARD » windows volume - high or low?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

lunasphere ist offline
  windows volume - high or low?        Go on top to this Page

hey all, i am wondering where to set the windows volume when i work with psycle. i'm generally confused about all the volumes, and where they should be at, but i'll start with the windows one... if anyone has any advice, it'd be much appreciated thanks

04.10.2006, 23:40 Profile of lunasphere Add lunasphere to your Buddy-List AIM Screenname: radeshku
Vardoger

Date Registered:

Vardoger ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

The windows volume in itself is not important, the important is the Psycle volume, it the only one that you can be sure is true for everything.

The sound is coming first from Psycle, so as long as you know you initial sound is powerful enough, the rest is user dependant.

For example you could listen music with headphone directly plug into the computer, so it's probable your Windows volume will be lower that someone controling is volume from speaker plug into the computer.

So, in Psycle, you want to have sounds that played together will have enough impact to fulfill the audio spectrum, without any distortion .

You can see it in Psycle with the 2 volume meter that are shown in the task bar. When they reach the far right, it produce a distortion, lighting up the blank square just right to them.

So you want to be sure there is no distortion, but in the same time the audio is enough powerful. I don't know where is the sweet spot, but i think if you can keep the average sound near the second bar from right, your doing well.

05.10.2006, 16:07 Profile of Vardoger Add Vardoger to your Buddy-List Homepage of Vardoger Add Vardoger to your Contact-List
dark_virus

Date Registered:

dark_virus ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Yeah, that's an old doubt about those volume faders.

I never know where to put the "global volume setting" (at Psycle task bar). In truth, I found it very nonsense, because it lacks that "sweet spot". I'd rather prefeer it to be like Sony Acid, because there's a 0db level, so we could use it as a reference.

But I must admit that it was a great add to Psycle itself, in order to find critical points in the mix. It will be nice if, in the next versions, it has a simple "Db rule".

06.10.2006, 19:22 Profile of dark_virus Add dark_virus to your Buddy-List Homepage of dark_virus
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

While I'm working on a track, I usually put a limiter (e.g. Classic Master Limiter by Kjaerjaus) just before the master, so that my volumes don't go over 0db. When I'm doing a final mixdown, I put a compressor before that and set all the levels probably so that there is no excess compression.

A handy thing to use as well is the checkbox in the master mixer, that reduces the volume automatically when the master volume goes over 0db.

07.10.2006, 01:08 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS