PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions PSY TUNES BOARD psycle tunes or naaah...
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

bronski ist offline
  psycle tunes or naaah...        Go on top to this Page

most of the songs i downloaded from here are made by very high skilled creative people with only psycle machines and effects, and plugins as well. i haven't made even one single track without sound samples. the sampler is the machine i use most. a lot of my songs are made using even samples from other songs. of course i don't sell any song, it's a fun-thing for me, the combination of psycle and audacity is great for making mash-ups. if you like the songs or if you hate them doesn't matter but i'd like to know:
what do you think about using samples from artists who didn't give the rights to use their stuff?
are mash-ups still psycle tunes?

09.09.2006, 16:44 Profile of bronski Add bronski to your Buddy-List
PhilNelwyn

Date Registered:

PhilNelwyn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hello, I'm not part of the 'very high skilled creative people' and I'm a Psycle novice, but I believe that, as I heard, "nothing in life gets created or destructed : it's all transformation".

Due to my low connection speed, I only had time to listen to the first minute of 'Stuffed Camel'... it's great !

...come on Mozart ! Don't deny your skills !!! lol

Last edited by PhilNelwyn on 09.09.2006, 17:32 o'clock.

09.09.2006, 17:17 Profile of PhilNelwyn Add PhilNelwyn to your Buddy-List
bronski

Date Registered:

bronski ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

listening to your new mp3 named "intro" mozart would be a name for you, not for me ("double-lol)". really, however my stolen mixes are considered by the psycle-community (i wouldn't stop doing it either), i wonder if copying the voice or a guitar of bob dylan i.e. and posting it in the psycle-tunes section is right. maybe you know what i mean if you listen to the next mix of mine. also i haven't read a statement where it is announced how far we can go using samples. question to you phil: if i post a song that begins with "blizzard's deadly magic", and sign it with "bronski", what would you think?

09.09.2006, 18:09 Profile of bronski Add bronski to your Buddy-List
PhilNelwyn

Date Registered:

PhilNelwyn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Don't you do that !!!

Ok, if there were no modification at all, it would be boring to me, as I know it "par coeur"...
But it's not the way you use Psycle : I listened to 'Onkel Bob' and it's cool ! I never heard Bob Dylan sounding that fresh.
(I loved James' cheering him to "keep on singing" ^^)

I'll listen to your other tunes when I have enough free time (let's stand united, Sampler ! lol).
And to the other tunes as well, but there are so many good ones in here...

Bye.

10.09.2006, 02:53 Profile of PhilNelwyn Add PhilNelwyn to your Buddy-List
PhilNelwyn

Date Registered:

PhilNelwyn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Don't blame yourself Bronski...

Listen to these "fair used" snippets of STEVIE WONDER 's songs, it should sound quite recent to you :

STEVIE WONDER - Pastime Paradise
STEVIE WONDER - Another Star

If you never heard it, I'll post links to the sample-based "new" tunes from famous artists. I like them both, almost as much as original songs...

16.09.2006, 22:07 Profile of PhilNelwyn Add PhilNelwyn to your Buddy-List
bronski

Date Registered:

bronski ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

i know where coolio got the samples in "gangsta's paradise" from. busta rhymes used a lot of film music. for example in "murderer" he took the sequence from "psycho" when miss leigh was escaping in her car after she stole the money from her boss (before she met bates).
a tribe called quest used a short sample from a russian composer (couldn't find out his name yet, but i know the song) in the boilerhouse mix of "can i kick it?". james brown samples were used in lots of hip-hop songs. hundreds of hits are based upon hooklines from other artists (i don't listen to the radio anymore since 6 years now, maybe hundreds are not enough). that's o.k. iin l.n.o. rig bee i used a piano sample from the beatles' "bulldog" because it's kind of funky.

my problem is i wonder if the people who work hard with the psycle 'n' stuff only are bothered because i post more or less mash-ups.

hey if you like to talk a bit more about originals i send my email address to you.
have a nice day!
bronski

18.09.2006, 02:16 Profile of bronski Add bronski to your Buddy-List
MfM

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Bronski,personally i think that there are no problem concerning mesh-ups..you can do all you want with psycle and trackers,the important thing imho is that the final work is made on psycle!

18.09.2006, 16:24 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS