PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsOFF TOPIC ╗ so, what do you guys run psycle on?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

onef ist offline
  so, what do you guys run psycle on?        Go on top to this Page

i started using psycle because it runs on *anything*including my p3 700/128mb craptop. i tried ableton live on my p4 3.0 desktop, but blew my monitor and parted out the box. when i found psycle, i stopped using live altogether. for some reason, i can't use anything buy psycle now, a friend tried to get me on reason, but i didn't like it's interface. if i don't mind copy/pasting notes from the tracker due to serious latency issues, i use it with my roland ax-1 and turtlebeach usb/midi breakout cable. the only time i've had problems is when i load too many vsts and i run out of memory. so what do you guys run on?

04.06.2006, 01:13 Profile of onef Add onef to your Buddy-List Homepage of onef
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I am using a P4 1.5Ghz (Willamette) with 512MB of RAM.

It generally works quite well, even though I couldn't play several of the compo songs. This could be seen as an advantage, so i can try to optimize the playback engine (when i'm not busy with lots of other parts of the code.. )

I also have a Pentium-M 1.5Ghz laptop, in which psycle performs faster.

And just for the record, i started using psycle with a P-II 350, a good machine (only 3 times slower than my current one! so it was not the average P-II )

04.06.2006, 17:30 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
Mattias

Date Registered:

Mattias ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Porcessor:AMd Athlonn Duron 700Mhz
Ram: 384Mb
Audio Card. VIA Audio (integrated in the motherboard )
Operating System: Win 2000 Pro (and also Fedora Core 5)
I have very low latency time for my PC (around 50ms! )
This means that Psycle is working well (with Fl Studio I arrive only with 100ms ).

ACIDPlanet: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=753767&T=7713

05.06.2006, 13:40 Profile of Mattias Add Mattias to your Buddy-List Homepage of Mattias YIM Screenname: gravity0@jabber.org
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

You call THAT a low latency? My ASIO latency is usually set to between 4 to 11ms, withOUT Autostop machines on, and I get no stuttering, even with plenty of VSTs

(/me stops boasting haha)

I always find it amusing, because here ASIO also stands for "Australian Security Intelligence Organisation" hehe - so I have a spy on my computer! lol

For reference, I've got a AMD64 3000+ (I was too cheap to buy a Pentium lol), 512MB RAM and an M-Audio Audiophile 2496.

06.06.2006, 01:07 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
Mattias

Date Registered:

Mattias ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by TranceMyriad
You call THAT a low latency? My ASIO latency is usually set to between 4 to 11ms, withOUT Autostop machines on, and I get no stuttering, even with plenty of VSTs

(/me stops boasting haha)

I always find it amusing, because here ASIO also stands for "Australian Security Intelligence Organisation" hehe - so I have a spy on my computer! lol

For reference, I've got a AMD64 3000+ (I was too cheap to buy a Pentium lol), 512MB RAM and an M-Audio Audiophile 2496.

i use direct sound and not ASIO and 50ms for my PC ois really cool!

MarioDJ (a friend of mine) is not able to get this latency and he has an Athlon 3000+...

06.06.2006, 16:14 Profile of Mattias Add Mattias to your Buddy-List Homepage of Mattias YIM Screenname: gravity0@jabber.org
Mattias

Date Registered:

Mattias ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I changed to WINXP... pro... now i have 20ms of latency...

22.08.2006, 13:03 Profile of Mattias Add Mattias to your Buddy-List Homepage of Mattias YIM Screenname: gravity0@jabber.org
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

That starts to be good, that's the normal for me in Psycle. but i think i've got near 4 msecs in other audio appz.

I use ASIO4ALL driver and i'm quite happy with it.

24.08.2006, 19:07 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

AMD xp1800+/768mb WIN XPpro

Latency is around 300ms for me The ASIO drivers simply don't work with my C-Port 2000. With some ASIO apps the latency is around 6-20ms, but I don't see what it matters if I'm using only software...

Last edited by Taika-Kim on 25.08.2006, 10:51 o'clock.

25.08.2006, 10:50 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
Directionless

Date Registered:

Directionless ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

AMD 3200+ / gig of ram / EMU 1212m soundcard

14.04.2007, 00:59 Profile of Directionless Add Directionless to your Buddy-List Homepage of Directionless
Directionless

Date Registered:

Directionless ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by TranceMyriad

too cheap nothing. AMD's better for games anyway.

srsly though, glad to know someone's using that m-audio card sucessfully with psycle. i just inherited some gear from a deceased friend, including that card.

i was going to build a 'bitch-box' just for tracking. now i know the card will hold up.

Last edited by Directionless on 14.04.2007, 01:06 o'clock.

14.04.2007, 01:04 Profile of Directionless Add Directionless to your Buddy-List Homepage of Directionless
TheTakeoverProject

Date Registered:

TheTakeoverProject ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I've got an HP dv6000 Laptop. 3 Gigs of RAM, 2 Gig processor, and 160 Gig hard drive. I run Windows Vista (and I kind of hate it).

I love psycle!

Myspace.com/takeoverproject

23.12.2008, 02:23 Profile of TheTakeoverProject Add TheTakeoverProject to your Buddy-List Homepage of TheTakeoverProject
maurinel

Date Registered:

maurinel ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

For some years I run psycle on a PIII, 333mhz, 128mb ram with windows me. Psycle crashed very often, but it wasn't its fault, as windows me is famed to be the worst windows of all. In order to keep psycle running I learnt to be frugal with VSTi and VSTfx as these are generally memory hungry. Now I have a laptop 1,6 ghz, 512 mb ram with vista, and psycle works fine. But 512 mb ram are not enough for vista, so I started using psycle with wine in my linux partition (ubuntu) and everything is ok. I'm happy with psycle!

23.12.2008, 04:07 Profile of maurinel Add maurinel to your Buddy-List Homepage of maurinel
shadowbane

Date Registered:

shadowbane ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I have a 2Ghz AMD, 1.5 GB ram (though some is used by my integrated Vid card)

I normally run about 46ms latency to be able to get good sound quality (I can get as low as 5, but is sounds like ****)

23.12.2008, 18:05 Profile of shadowbane Add shadowbane to your Buddy-List
omega

Date Registered:

omega ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Windows Vista (I know it's kinda bad, but I customize mine in so many ways)

I'm a programmer, so my laptop is a dual-thread AMD X2 with a 832MB AIT Radeon graphics card. 2GB of DDR2 RAM, Dolby Soundroom speakers, Wireless LAN and bluetooth compatible. Running Vista Home Premium.

I've already used half of the 180 GB hard drive, mostly on a mash of programs for every function. Tons of open source games, and more!

I can do pretty much everything, from coding C++, C#, VB, HTML, CSS, PHP, Java, JS, and more in MS Visual Studio 2008. I use OpenOffice for all word/powerpoint/etc; editting. I got programs for video capture, editting, sound, image, 3D modelling, everything.

Did I mention I'm only 15? (Got a great future)

26.01.2009, 20:48 Profile of omega Add omega to your Buddy-List Email to omega
jitup

Date Registered:

jitup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I am trying to get it to run on my amd 2.7 ghz w/ 3gb of ram and a EMU 0404 usb 24 bit sound card w/ midi.
I just got my dual monitors working (free cathodes!!)

29.01.2009, 22:17 Profile of jitup Add jitup to your Buddy-List Email to jitup
Sallecta

Date Registered:

Sallecta ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

celeron m 1.4GHz, 512 RAM, integrated audio

latency at 44100: from 100ms (few machines) to 400ms (full). Best performance with wave audio driver (a4a and directX sucks in cheap sound cards)

16.11.2009, 13:44 Profile of Sallecta Add Sallecta to your Buddy-List Email to Sallecta Homepage of Sallecta Add Sallecta to your Contact-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS