PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ Midi Out
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

commadore65 ist offline
  Midi Out        Go on top to this Page

Hi,

I was wondering how to go about having Midi out of psycle into an external device (hardware synth). I'm pretty much a midiot at the moment, so any advice would be appriciated.

commadore65

14.05.2006, 14:20 Profile of commadore65 Add commadore65 to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Psycle itself doesn't (yet) support MIDI out. It has been on the todo list for some time, but other things have higher priority

Yet, there is a workaround:

First one (not much useful) is to use the native plugin Yannis MIDI. It is test plugin (it feels unfinished). It uses the default windows MIDI out device, and only supports noteon, noteoff and changing program.

The second one (probably more useful for your intentions), is to use a VSTi Plugin that does MIDI out. I know VST2MID (http://www.tobybear.de/p_midibag.html) , but there are others.

This one, being a VST will support sending mcm commands from the pattern in case you need a special CC.

14.05.2006, 17:54 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
commadore65

Date Registered:

commadore65 ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I'll give it a go. It would be brilliant if I could use my hardware synth concidering it's there. If I get somwhere with it I'll post my trials and tribulations / success stories here.

Generally really likin psycle at the moment though. Brilliant bit of kit. The fast tracker style sequencer was a blast from the past (after using buzz) but seeing everything together in the pattern view has some real advantages.

My first psycle tracks.
http://www.jgodwin.co.uk/c65/breezy.mp3
http://www.jgodwin.co.uk/c65/mudpie.mp3

Thanks.

16.05.2006, 14:12 Profile of commadore65 Add commadore65 to your Buddy-List
commadore65

Date Registered:

commadore65 ist offline
  Tried using tobybear midi out        Go on top to this Page

Hey,

I tried using toby bear midi out recently however to no avail.

If anyone gets this to work it would be great if you could put something up here about it.

Thanks
C65

27.09.2006, 17:40 Profile of commadore65 Add commadore65 to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS