PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD several machines at the same time?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

sergi ist offline
  several machines at the same time?        Go on top to this Page

Hi everybody!
I need to know how is the way to use more than one machine at the same time, so that I can include the sounds of these extra machines in the composition. At the moment I just can plug one machine+several effects, but that leaves me with only one type of sound, more or less modified by the effect machines. I am still quite new to this, so I understand that in the different columns one can include notes from machines,but...why only one machine? Is there a way to save the configuration and add to it another, with other types of sounds?
Cheers

15.04.2006, 19:21 Profile of sergi Add sergi to your Buddy-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

You just add as many machines as you want, and then select the machine you want to write notes for (or audition) in the pull-down menu in the top part of screen.

16.04.2006, 12:39 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
MfM

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

exactly!
...and I can advise you that if you want a really clear vision you have to look at some .psy tracks,you can get it from song section...here there are a lot of good song so that you can see how to use more machine and sounds at the same time...

16.04.2006, 13:37 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
frog_jr

Date Registered:

frog_jr ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I am not sure of the source of your confusion. You can add as many "machines" as your computer will support.

Look at it as a tree. In the machine view (hit F2) the master machine is the base of the tree which receives all the audio signals, and at the far end of the branches are the generator machines, which originate a signal. The tree may have as many branches as you like. (Perhaps that answers your question?) Or maybe rivers flowing into each other as they combine into one to reach the sea might be a good anology also. The flow starts from the generators, passes through effects, come together and ultimately all come to the master machine, which should send the signal to your sound chip.

The branches or tributaries are all attached in the same fashion; by instancing a new machine in the machine view by double-clicking anywhere on the workspace where there isn't anything else already, or by using the "gear rack," or by hitting F9 for the "New machine" dialog. And then you connect it using shift-drag (from the generator that originates the signal toward the master) or control-drag (from the direction of the master toward the generator.)

If you are connecting the wrong type of machine or something, the program will simply refuse to make the connection, and you will get an error message. You really can't do much damage if you do something wrong. The worst you can do is to crash the program and then have to restart. Sometimes I find (pretty rarely nowdays) that I can even crash Windows with Psycle, but that is nothing permanent. So you can try anything at all.

Two or more branches may join together half-way down, and I think some effects support that and some don't. You can always use a "dummy plug" for that also.

MFM is right; just download a couple other people's songs for examples, and take a good look at them to see how they are connected. And read your manual, both the upwego found at the docs page at this site, the included help file, and the little text files that come with the program and should be in the "docs" directory with your program. They all contain very valuable infos.

Last edited by frog_jr on 16.04.2006, 18:42 o'clock.

16.04.2006, 18:33 Profile of frog_jr Add frog_jr to your Buddy-List
sergi

Date Registered:

sergi ist offline
       Go on top to this Page

How can I thank you, everybody, enough?

I downloaded a .psy song (Bristol something, sorry I don't remember) and played it.
Good tune I have to say.
Muting separate tracks acted as a sort of dissection of the song, so that I could see where the sound was comin from and which machine produced it. Well, I guess that now I have a looong journey (with Psycle) to end up being able creating the music I have inside me. For the moment I've been quenching that thirst using other stuff like Granulab, ZynAddSubFX, Coagula, and the amazing array of little freeware jewels from Nicolas Fournel (www.nicolasfournel.com) and altering the Wavs in some fantastic ways, adding sometimes drums as a background and finally editing it with Audacity.
Is there a way I can post a song to Psycle Forum? What are the requirements (file type, size and so on)?
Thanx very much to everybody and we'll keep in touch!
sergi

Last edited by sergi on 20.04.2006, 13:50 o'clock.

20.04.2006, 13:48 Profile of sergi Add sergi to your Buddy-List
MfM

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

well,you can put your song on SONG SECTION "psy or mp3"but before that you need a web space where insert your file..there are a lot of free ones around the web(you can do a search in this forum we talked a lot about that some times ago)and than open a thread on PSY SONG SECTION,there people can put his own review and comments about your song...
cheers

20.04.2006, 18:05 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS