PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD slicing software?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

minifrog ist offline
  slicing software?        Go on top to this Page

Finally purchased a copy of Recycle, really excited, and although I originally wanted it for fast sample creation, the looping possibilites of rex files is pretty appealing to me. Anybody have any experience with a rex compatible or slicing vst? I found Phatmatik, microdicer, a handful of others, but so far I haven't gotten the free or demo versions to work in Psycle. Any ideas?

24.01.2006, 18:48 Profile of minifrog Add minifrog to your Buddy-List
frog_jr

Date Registered:

frog_jr ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Not a whole lot of response on this thread here, looks like. Well, I have found more use for another commercial one, much cheaper, called LiveSync Recorder. It simply records 1 or 2 measure segments in sync, so I can reuse them as loops, and it is a vst so I can plug in in anywhere. I am not seeing a lot of interest in using slicing/looping software here at this forum, but I just thought I'd throw that out there. It is working pretty good. Sure I like free VSTs and wouldn't even be tracking if I had to pay the outrageous prices most VST host programs and many VSTs cost, but I don't object to paying a little now and then. And there is a free version of this one too. Cheers, frog

03.04.2006, 14:05 Profile of frog_jr Add frog_jr to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I saw some time ago a demo of Livesync Recorder and looked really good, very interesting. But it isn't free, isn't it?

Anyways i think i don't need this, have u tried pattern command for setting sample offset (i think it's 09xx) ???
I use it always to play with drumloops. It's really an interesting thing that Psycle and all trackers have.
I only miss that this command had a bigger range, from 00 to FF is really small specially for long samples.

05.04.2006, 15:46 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Argggh, double post

Last edited by sampler on 12.04.2006, 16:07 o'clock.

05.04.2006, 15:57 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
frog_jr

Date Registered:

frog_jr ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

With the pay version you have a buffer that stores up to 8 measures, and you can save, as one or 2-measure loops, and it puts a small fade on the beginning and end, and optionally auto-names them. Like I often put a very simple drumbeat through 2 or 3 delays and maybe other stuff, and it is nice to save that to a 8-beat sample, easily, and re-use that minus the effects etc. I am a big KISS kinda guy ;-) and I don't mean Gene Simmons.

The demo version is free and fully functional. The difference is the buffer size; it will only record 2 measures at a time, so you have to be pretty quick about saving them. And it doesn't have an auto-name feature. For me that is key, because I don't want to be interrupted too much with file naming etc. when I am psycling.

Thank you for the tip about the sample offset. I will explore that also. Unfortunately I mostly use VST samplers presently, but I should see what that is all about.

Last edited by frog_jr on 06.04.2006, 16:55 o'clock.

06.04.2006, 16:54 Profile of frog_jr Add frog_jr to your Buddy-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Psycle sample offset is relative! You can splice from any point in the sample. And because of hex system accidentally being a 16-base system, that has a nice synergy with loops that are played (more or less) in time dividable by four...

07.04.2006, 18:50 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Yes Taika, i forgot to say.
For drumloops (not so long) it's quite useful. It's easy to jump to (or start from) 'key' places of the sample.

If i'm not wrong 09FF is the final of the sample and 0980 (097F to be exact) is just the middle. This works very good if the drumloop sample is right 'cut', at the end and the start (which is usual).

(sorry, many times my english sucks )

12.04.2006, 16:25 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
frog_jr

Date Registered:

frog_jr ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Sampler, thanks for that help! And your english is good!

13.04.2006, 20:10 Profile of frog_jr Add frog_jr to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS