PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD A few minor questions
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

minifrog ist offline
  A few minor questions        Go on top to this Page

First is about processing audio files. If I want to use Psycle to process wav files, something it was not originally intended for, I know, I would like to ask anybody who knows: is there a max length for a file I can load into the sampler? I am talking about large files here, possibly. But there are some very nice VSTs that I could use for cleaning up recordings, without having to use any other VST host perhaps.

Second, I just wanted confirmation from somebody: Can I rename my VSTs so I can organize them better? I am tired of searching the entire collection for the right delay.

Thirdly, this relates to a question I posed a few days ago. I notice that my samples always have loop forward on when I load them, and Taika Kim mentioned having the same problem when using samples generated with CDExtract. Well, I don't use that, but I was wondering if it is something about the samples that I could adjust en masse using some external process or a batch file. Any ideas?

And does anybody have any preferences or ideas about a Rex player VST? Just bought Recycler, and very excited about incorporating that!

31.12.2005, 18:22 Profile of minifrog Add minifrog to your Buddy-List
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

in terms of renaming VSTS, you can't - but I'm currently coding a "Custom categories" section for the new machines dialog, so that you can drag and drop the plugins into a custom folder heirarchy (this doesn't affect anything on disk, it's just a virtual heirarchy that's stored in a cache). It's essentially a favourites folder system

01.01.2006, 00:01 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
minifrog

Date Registered:

minifrog ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by TranceMyriad
in terms of renaming VSTS, you can't - but I'm currently coding a "Custom categories" section for the new machines dialog, so that you can drag and drop the plugins into a custom folder heirarchy (this doesn't affect anything on disk, it's just a virtual heirarchy that's stored in a cache). It's essentially a favourites folder system

Excellent. I am glad I asked. The Psycle help file instructs to "Rename your machines from the default names to make them more meaningful - "Main saw synth" is more useful than "reFX Vanguard 5". " which made me suspect I could rename my VSTs. The help file is great, BTW. Could probably use more work, but looks good so far, and shows how much things have improved. Happy New Year, BTW! Psycle on! I know I will!

01.01.2006, 07:20 Profile of minifrog Add minifrog to your Buddy-List
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

ah, sorry you were misled on that, I"ll reword that bit of the help file. If you find anything else that's a bit ambiguous in there, let me know in THIS thread .

01.01.2006, 07:41 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
minifrog

Date Registered:

minifrog ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by TranceMyriad
ah, sorry you were misled on that, I"ll reword that bit of the help file. If you find anything else that's a bit ambiguous in there, let me know in THIS thread .

Not really misled, but it was a little vague. I think the help file is great, a significant improvement. I think you are doing so great with this! I remember when I first came across this project a few years ago, and it has come a long way. Thanks so much!

01.01.2006, 18:39 Profile of minifrog Add minifrog to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS