PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD Stability tips?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

hematurge ist offline
  Stability tips?        Go on top to this Page

I've only been using Psycle for a couple of days. Don't get me wrong here I really like this software but it crashes ALOT. I don't really use any of the native machines, I have alot VST/VSTi's that I prefer. Seems like the VSTs (all of them) either just don't work or eventually crash the program. The reason I dont use any of the machines is I really didn't much like the couple I tried, not enough percussion stuff. Could really use a native drumsynth with more than one sound, something kinda like Drumatic, or Ersdrums. Anyway back to the reason for the post. Does anyone have tips to help improve the general stability?

Face alienation, find an alien nation...

23.12.2005, 12:17 Profile of hematurge Add hematurge to your Buddy-List Homepage of hematurge YIM Screenname: hematurge
Mattias

Date Registered:

Mattias ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

You have two possiblilties:
You can wait for the new VstHost (for psycle 1.8.1) or use a wrapper like energyXt VSTi (if you have a slow pc it will take a lot of time)... BTW click here www.xt-hq.com

ACIDPlanet: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=753767&T=7713

Last edited by Mattias on 23.12.2005, 13:08 o'clock.

23.12.2005, 13:08 Profile of Mattias Add Mattias to your Buddy-List Homepage of Mattias YIM Screenname: gravity0@jabber.org
hematurge

Date Registered:

hematurge ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Looks like I'll be going back to modplug tracker for the time being. Though I will be on the look out for the next version of Psycle. EnergyXT looks freakin awesome but it's more than I can pay ATM. I'm also trying to do an album using only freeware, it's proving to be more difficult than I thought. Thanks anyway though.

23.12.2005, 13:59 Profile of hematurge Add hematurge to your Buddy-List Homepage of hematurge YIM Screenname: hematurge
Mattias

Date Registered:

Mattias ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

ok... EnergyXT demoi version VST is completely freeware!!!
Use it as a vst plugin

ACIDPlanet: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=753767&T=7713

23.12.2005, 15:14 Profile of Mattias Add Mattias to your Buddy-List Homepage of Mattias YIM Screenname: gravity0@jabber.org
hematurge

Date Registered:

hematurge ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by Mattias
ok... EnergyXT demoi version VST is completely freeware!!!
Use it as a vst plugin

It wont save the current state when I save the song. When I reopen the track the energyXT plugin is blank again. Doesn't do me much good without being able to save my work. Thanks anyway though.

I did mess around some of the native machines, Feedme is pretty cool. Is there a place I can get more Psycle machines? I'd much rather use VSTi or machines over samples, but with current machines you don't have much choice when it comes to drums.

23.12.2005, 15:25 Profile of hematurge Add hematurge to your Buddy-List Homepage of hematurge YIM Screenname: hematurge
MfM

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

well i think you can use surely psycle for all you want,maybe the plugins you are trying are synthedit made or are drum machine...that two kind of plugins crash of course psycle.
I can say that i have used a looot of VSTs and with most of them i have no great problems...so if you want to use psycle for your production you can do it without serious problems.
..and if you want free stuff you can use some cool synth very stable in psycle like:
polyiblit and iblit,freealpha,synth1,asynth...i can write here a very long list (fx included).....

have fun!!

23.12.2005, 18:40 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
hematurge

Date Registered:

hematurge ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Ahh, I see now. Psycle does not like synthedit plugins and drum machine plugins. Sad, most of my favorites fall into to those catagories. However I am willing to work around this problem. I started a Psycle project using more samples, only native plugins and Kjaerhus classic series vsts. Everything seems to be working fine so far. Thanks for the free vst suggestions, but I already have a pretty long list. It's good to see that everyone around here is so helpful.

23.12.2005, 23:35 Profile of hematurge Add hematurge to your Buddy-List Homepage of hematurge YIM Screenname: hematurge
dark_virus

Date Registered:

dark_virus ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by hematurge
I've only been using Psycle for a couple of days. Don't get me wrong here I really like this software but it crashes ALOT. I don't really use any of the native machines, I have alot VST/VSTi's that I prefer. Seems like the VSTs (all of them) either just don't work or eventually crash the program. The reason I dont use any of the machines is I really didn't much like the couple I tried, not enough percussion stuff. Could really use a native drumsynth with more than one sound, something kinda like Drumatic, or Ersdrums. Anyway back to the reason for the post. Does anyone have tips to help improve the general stability?

Man, you should think about using SAMPLES, like we used to do in classic trackers.

At least, 99.9% of my "songs" are sample-based. The other 0.01% are VST effects, like the Blue series (Blue parametric, Blue Compressor...) Nice plugs!!

In general, the effects VSTs works well. But Psycle is notorious for reject the synthedit-made plugs...

26.12.2005, 14:05 Profile of dark_virus Add dark_virus to your Buddy-List Homepage of dark_virus
alk

Date Registered:

alk ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

interesting.. everyone has a different way to work. personally my songs are 99% native based and 1% sample based. I find that there's plenty of scope for creating music without straying into VST territory

28.12.2005, 13:28 Profile of alk Add alk to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

hehe, interesting yes.

Around 80% of my songs are VSTs, 15% samples and 5% natives.

I use a lot of VSTs and it's a long time without having problems...... now i couldn't live without VST(i)s

Mainly the reason i use so many VSTs is that i don't know programming synth, i'm not able to get interesting things from native synths and some are really powerful. I invite people with time to play and learn using native synths .... and save presets

28.12.2005, 17:32 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
hematurge

Date Registered:

hematurge ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

In all honestly I have and use a crapload of samples most of the time. I've just been leaning more towrd VSTi cuz it allows you to be lazy and still get what you want IMO. I find it easier to load a softsynth and tweak it for five minutes than to pick through individual samples forever. BUT I like Psycle enough to go back to using more samples. I still use the Kjaerhus classic series VSTs for mastering, but I'm slowly checking out the native stuff too. On a sidenote I'm about start the tack of trying to build an audio workstation around Gentoo Linux. Should make for an interesting excursion at least. I'll be keeping WinXP (and Psycle) on my laptop though.

28.12.2005, 18:13 Profile of hematurge Add hematurge to your Buddy-List Homepage of hematurge YIM Screenname: hematurge
MfM

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

to be honest i'm a fan of VSTs in fact my songs are 90% VST based,recently i found out some sample based VST that i use for the drum so this means that i use no samples in my songs ....but some native fx

i agree with sampler we need some new cool presets,i said that some months ago....

28.12.2005, 23:09 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I use 95% VST generators, and find Psycle very stable.

Many VSTs crash Psycle, but I just don't use them! If I find some VST crashing Psycle even a few times, I won't use it anymore, it's this simple! There's so many out there, that this is no problem IMO...

29.12.2005, 13:38 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
MfM

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by Taika-Kim
I use 95% VST generators, and find Psycle very stable.

Many VSTs crash Psycle, but I just don't use them! If I find some VST crashing Psycle even a few times, I won't use it anymore, it's this simple! There's so many out there, that this is no problem IMO...

I do exactly the same

29.12.2005, 14:01 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS