PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD GameOS for Psycle Tracker
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Poll: Did GameOS help you get more out of your psycle tracker?
Yes 1 50.00%
No 1 50.00%
Total number of: 2 Votes 100%

Author

Date Registered:

funkman_166 ist offline
GameOS for Psycle Tracker        Go on top to this Page

There is a program on the internet that can make your system ressources forcus on programs and games. It's called gameOS. Although designed for games, this program will man psycle almost IMPOSSIBLE to crash as it creates a VERY stable enviroment.

http://www.voodoofiles.com/3435
For win 95, 98, 98se users
ME - Only if you have experience running shells

http://www.voodoofiles.com/17557
For win 95, 98, 98se and ME users
And
Windows 2000, windows XP and up Users

GameOS 2004 is supposed to be a shareware. Although it acts like the original gameOS with access like GameOS. There is a nag screen that will take increase by 1 second wait time for each day you don't register. So for a year you would have to wait 365 seconds about.

But well worth the wait AND registration for it's powers.

GameOS is possibly the best SHELL replacer I can find to date to help focus precious ressources on your songs. No matter what kind of machine you have. GameOS will boost speed and performance.

Anyways I'd like to get this sticked because I beleive alot of people would want to know about GameOS and would want to use it for performance and speed and expecialy resources while working with Psycle Tracker.

Thanks,
Steph

Dark Funk on Tube

Dark Funk on Myspace.com

13.11.2005, 05:30 Profile of funkman_166 Add funkman_166 to your Buddy-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

The link on Voodofiles is broken?

This sound interesting, I admit. But does the default Windows shell actually use so much resources? Usually there's 99% CPU free when the system is idle...
Well, Windows DOES seem to eat up huge amounts of memory for disk buffers and whatever.

I have found very little information about this from the net...

24.11.2005, 23:09 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Well, has anyone tried it with success??? I don't want to install (is installation needed?) unless someone more say good words about it... I also don't want to break anything

25.11.2005, 16:52 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
Beer Incorperated

Date Registered:

Beer Incorperated ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I don't really believe in this "miracle" stuff.. other than you can do it manually too, which is usually more efficient. The key is running as little processes in windows as needed. Tweakguides for instance explains how to (you can download an excellent guide there for winXP).

http://www.tweakguides.com/

Or if you want a "lighter" windows you can try something like nLite .

28.11.2005, 12:44 Profile of Beer Incorperated Add Beer Incorperated to your Buddy-List Homepage of Beer Incorperated
herrfrog

Date Registered:

herrfrog ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hey thanks for reminding me about Gameos. I heard about it years ago, and I was just thinking about it re: Psycle. I might just give it a try. It is no longer available at the link you posted originally, but I found it at Major Geeks, which is a good share/freeware site I have visited a few times. I just got it from there.

07.12.2005, 05:57 Profile of herrfrog Add herrfrog to your Buddy-List
Sartorius

Date Registered:

Sartorius ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by funkman_166
There is a program on the internet that can make your system ressources forcus on programs and games. It's called gameOS. Although designed for games, this program will man psycle almost IMPOSSIBLE to crash as it creates a VERY stable enviroment.

(damn, fallen from my chair )

quote:
Original by Beer Incorperated
I don't really believe in this "miracle" stuff.. other than you can do it manually too, which is usually more efficient. The key is running as little processes in windows as needed. Tweakguides for instance explains how to (you can download an excellent guide there for winXP).

agree completely!

07.12.2005, 08:48 Profile of Sartorius Add Sartorius to your Buddy-List
DMNXS

Date Registered:

DMNXS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by Beer Incorperated

http://www.tweakguides.com/

Or if you want a "lighter" windows you can try something like nLite .

I agree these are the better sollutions for the long run. I myself have deactivated lot's of programs at system startup. The only problem now is the pile of safety programs (antivirus, -spyware, firewall, etc.) and some (not quite as bad) widgets (i.e. Dexpot) that hog a lot of ressources.

For production situations (tracking, gaming ) dedicated computers without 'live' protection mechanism's are best anyway, that is, if you can afford having more then two computers ...

Last edited by DMNXS on 11.12.2005, 02:11 o'clock.

11.12.2005, 02:09 Profile of DMNXS Add DMNXS to your Buddy-List Add DMNXS to your Contact-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS