PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ What About NRPN MIDI Messages Can I Send Those With Psycle?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

_sue_ ist offline
  What About NRPN MIDI Messages Can I Send Those With Psycle?        Go on top to this Page

Can I?

If yes...How ?

Im trying to set the lfo modulation phase of quad frohmage VST with psycle at some given tick.

ive got this table : http://img188.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nrpn0ww.jpg

what do you people make of this ?

Thanks in advance...

09.08.2005, 21:06 Profile of _sue_ Add _sue_ to your Buddy-List Add _sue_ to your Contact-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Ok, this is a bit more complicated, but this is how it works:

NRPN's are two specific Control Codes which extend the messages for devices.

NRPN stands for "Non-Registered Parameter Numbers", (as opposed to RPN's which are Registered Parameter Numbers").

the midi command to use in Psycle is:

mcm Bx yy 62zz
mcm Bx yy 63aa

where x is the midi channel ( zero bazed, so MIDI Ch1 is B0 )

yy is the Psycle machine

aa are the MSB (most significant byte) and zz the LSB (62zz) values of that image.
for example mcm B0 01 6304 , mcm B0 01 6260 <- this is the first parameter of the list ( 60hex = 96)

then, we would need to send the parameter value...

I am unsure of this part. It *might* be done this way:

Once you've sent the two mcm's said above, you might send these two more:

mcm Bx yy 06bb
mcm Bx yy 26cc

where bb would be the MSB, and cc the LSB. In the case of this plugin, you would use "bbcc" as the parameter value, and remember that the range goes from 0000 to 7F7F.

To resume, to set the LFO of Band1 gain to 180║ in MIDI channel 1, (psycle machine 00) we would send these four mcm's :

mcm B0 00 6304
mcm B0 00 6260
mcm B0 00 063F
mcm B0 00 267F (3F7F is half the range. in MIDI the values from 80 to FF do not exist).

Try and confirm about the success.

09.08.2005, 23:40 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
_sue_

Date Registered:

_sue_ ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Mega thanks for this indepth explanation...

ill still have to check if i can make it work...

ta ta...

10.08.2005, 22:57 Profile of _sue_ Add _sue_ to your Buddy-List Add _sue_ to your Contact-List
alk

Date Registered:

alk ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

if this works it would be a useful addition to the manual

11.08.2005, 10:47 Profile of alk Add alk to your Buddy-List
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

yeah let me know if it works alright, and explain it well for me, and i'll add it into the Help File - MIDI in Psycle needs better documentation....

11.08.2005, 11:30 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
_sue_

Date Registered:

_sue_ ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

It works! mega thanks again [JAZ]!

though in this case i dont need to send 4 mcms .....just the first 3 are enough...or the first 2 and the last one on the list.

sorry if this sounds dumb but what are 06 and 26 of the 3rd and 4th mcms ?

good to know that psycle can send nrpn but i guess i'll never use this since is a mess to send 3 or 4 commands just to control a simple lfo phase.

there are VST fx plugins that sync the lfo phases to the start of the bar (and also the lfo speed to bpm) and then you can set the lfo phase start in the plugs gui. this is a much better way of doing things.... but since i use "track swing fill" in all my tracks those plugs just go crazy with the bpm changes.

i know that you said you would implement a swing feature that would not affect psycles bpm speed in the next release but i guess that that is a bit far away yet. maybe you could implement this in the next months if its easy and fast to code so i dont go crazy till the next release....the way it is, its keeping me from using lots of plugins: synced delay lines (even poopdelay) and all kinds of modulators. sorry to nag you again with this stuff and many thanks for what you have already done.

12.08.2005, 05:46 Profile of _sue_ Add _sue_ to your Buddy-List Add _sue_ to your Contact-List
js

Date Registered:

js ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

12.08.2005, 14:21 Profile of js Add js to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by _sue_
It works! mega thanks again [JAZ]!

quote:

though in this case i dont need to send 4 mcms .....just the first 3 are enough...or the first 2 and the last one on the list.

I thought so, but i preffered to said it that way
quote:

sorry if this sounds dumb but what are 06 and 26 of the 3rd and 4th mcms ?

http://www.midi.org/about-midi/table3.shtml
Check for yourself.
quote:

i know that you said you would implement a swing feature that would not affect psycles bpm speed in the next release but i guess that that is a bit far away yet. maybe you could implement this in the next months if its easy and fast to code so i dont go crazy till the next release....the way it is, its keeping me from using lots of plugins: synced delay lines (even poopdelay) and all kinds of modulators. sorry to nag you again with this stuff and many thanks for what you have already done.

I'll try. Version 1.8.1 will especially focus on fixing bugs and improving the VSTHost ( yes, this version will be the first with the new VSThost).

12.08.2005, 22:09 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
js

Date Registered:

js ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

new vsthost !! Wow, thankyou

12.08.2005, 22:22 Profile of js Add js to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Yes! Let's see if this new VST Host solves some problems...
If AbSynth 3 works perfectly i'll be totally happy!!

15.08.2005, 12:42 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
MfM

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I tried a lot of VSTs and they works really good...also the synthedit ones

-VERY HAPPY-

Last edited by MfM on 15.08.2005, 14:24 o'clock.

15.08.2005, 14:23 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS