PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsMAIN BOARD ╗ HammerHead Wav Samples?????
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

muaythai ist offline
  HammerHead Wav Samples?????        Go on top to this Page

I've just been introduced to the world of Psycle and it's feckin outstanding for a freeware!!!!!! But i'm trying to bring hammerhead samples in wav fomat and i keep getting shut down? Is their a reason for this or am i doing somethng wrong?

"I was born a cynical bastard and I'll die a cynical bastard!"
Rab C Nesbitt

01.08.2007, 00:02 Profile of muaythai Add muaythai to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Weird.

So the problem is when you load that samples? Maybe they are in a format not supported by Psycle.... now i don't remember what is supported and what not....

Josep will say

01.08.2007, 12:52 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
locus

Date Registered:

locus ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Maybe if they're from the hammerhead site they could be Soundfonts, not .wav files?

If they are Soundfonts, get the sfz VST plugin from http://www.rgcaudio.com/sfz.htm - it works pretty well in Psycle

02.08.2007, 01:28 Profile of locus Add locus to your Buddy-List Homepage of locus
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

oh yes!!! i'm silly , is the site www.hammersound.net ???

If that's the site where u've downloaded samples locus is right, they're not WAV samples, are SF2 multisampled instruments.

That's simple to know, look at the extension of files

btw, that site is imo the best for Soundfonts, i've downloaded a lot from there and some are really good.

02.08.2007, 08:57 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I'd like to point out that the new Psycle version has a native sf2 player plugin (albeit a bit simple), based on the fluidsynth GPL engine.

02.08.2007, 13:07 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
dark_virus

Date Registered:

dark_virus ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Well, the guy said "Hammerhead", witch is the good old drum sequencer by Brambos that "everybody" knows. In truth, it must be the starting point of 9 between 10 E-music beginners.

If I remember correctly, Hammerhead can load banks of RAW audio files and WAV data. However, if the sound is a WAV, it adds a click before the sample, so It's good practice to use RAW data (the recommended Hammerhead audio format)

I think Psycle can't handle RAW audio (only WAV and IFF, according to the dropdown), so this must be the problem. If you are in needing of some WAV drum samples, try this site:

http://rolandclan.info/en/samples/index/

Various drumkits of classic drum machines from a certain company that seems to not care about sharing it.

quote:
Original by [JAZ]
I'd like to point out that the new Psycle version has a native sf2 player plugin (albeit a bit simple), based on the fluidsynth GPL engine.

This is something I wished for very long time, since SFZ is a little heavy on CPU demanding.

02.08.2007, 15:02 Profile of dark_virus Add dark_virus to your Buddy-List Homepage of dark_virus
muaythai

Date Registered:

muaythai ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Cheers Brainwashed! It is Hammerhead by Bram Bos - Everytime i try to open it in the sampler i get a not responding message and Psycle shuts down - Hope to have time at the weekend to experiment with Pyscle and some of the rolandclan samples

"I was born a cynical bastard and I'll die a cynical bastard!"
Rab C Nesbitt

03.08.2007, 00:41 Profile of muaythai Add muaythai to your Buddy-List
Directionless

Date Registered:

Directionless ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by muaythai
Cheers Brainwashed! It is Hammerhead by Bram Bos - Everytime i try to open it in the sampler i get a not responding message and Psycle shuts down - Hope to have time at the weekend to experiment with Pyscle and some of the rolandclan samples

Sounds cool. Share your work with us when you've got something!

03.08.2007, 00:45 Profile of Directionless Add Directionless to your Buddy-List Homepage of Directionless
Mattias

Date Registered:

Mattias ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Export them as a sequence with one samp only...

ACIDPlanet: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=753767&T=7713

12.08.2007, 15:45 Profile of Mattias Add Mattias to your Buddy-List Homepage of Mattias YIM Screenname: gravity0@jabber.org
Polystyrene Man

Date Registered:

Polystyrene Man ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I use HammerHead as well and have run into the same problem...

...but I've found a way around it! I make a drum loop in HammerHead, export it as a .wav, load it into Audacity, export it (again) as a .wav, and then load it into Psycle. For some reason, Psycle can handle a .wav that has been exported from Audacity but not a .wav that has been exported from HammerHead.

OurStage!

09.01.2008, 01:29 Profile of Polystyrene Man Add Polystyrene Man to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

oh yes! HammerHead rocked! i used it years ago.

i suppose the problem is wav format (bits/hz/...), does the manual say exactly which wav formats are supported by psycle?

09.01.2008, 16:46 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS