PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions OFF TOPIC dark-wind
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

alk ist offline
  dark-wind        Go on top to this Page

A MMORPG being developed by my brother, it will be free to play. Please have a read of the website :-)

http://www.dark-wind.net/

-alk

29.06.2005, 17:37 Profile of alk Add alk to your Buddy-List
Hakyoku Seiken

Date Registered:

Hakyoku Seiken ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I hope it will have better reason to sit in front of a computer for hours on end than "I look cooler than THAT noob over there, don't I?"

I haven't played a MMORPG *yet* that didn't have this as the real goal. Sure there's missions, etc. teamwork, clans, economy, but when it comes down to it, it's all just to look cool than the noobies coming in. Once you look as cool as you want to, then you (well, I do anyway) lose interest in the game and just sort of drift away from it.

Of course, I'm not a fanatical player, either. I wouldn't spend 6 hours straight playing one unless it was raining outside and all my friends were busy.

This is, of course, just my opinion. I barely play any videogames now except the classic ones...I'd rather have a go on Galaga than Halo.

members.lycos.co.uk/hseiken/a/

29.06.2005, 21:49 Profile of Hakyoku Seiken Add Hakyoku Seiken to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Your brother??

30.06.2005, 11:15 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
alk

Date Registered:

alk ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hakyoku Seiken,

what about playing a game that has strategic elements and enough depth that creates a challenge to play against other players

Sampler,

my brother :-P didn't you know he's been coding for over 25 years?

30.06.2005, 14:18 Profile of alk Add alk to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

i didn't know. 25 years??? how old is he?

Tell him to code for Psycle

Last edited by sampler on 30.06.2005, 22:37 o'clock.

30.06.2005, 22:36 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
Hakyoku Seiken

Date Registered:

Hakyoku Seiken ist offline
  Apologies        Go on top to this Page

Sorry if my rant about MMORPG's sounded like it could have been misconstrued against your brother. I just don't like that genre much at all since I used to play it a lot and then I stepped back and looked at it from afar and asked myself, what is my true goal? Is it even worth the amount of time i'm investing in it? Ultimately, I decided "Nope" and have never really looked back.

It's cool that he's doing this, I just can't say I'll support the game in anyway, whether by playing it or paying/donating money for it. Of course, I may just be too oldskool. I mean, I collect Famicom/NES games (real ones, not ROMs) and I've owned arcade machines and I went to recently held classic arcade expo here in town. I never owned a computer while I was growing up until I turned about 14 or 15 or so, so I never got into computer games and even console RPG's are low on my list of games I like to play (yes, even on NES! ).

Anyway, if your brother's been coding that long, it oughtta turn out to be a great project. I hope it turns out the way he wants it too.

members.lycos.co.uk/hseiken/a/

01.07.2005, 20:12 Profile of Hakyoku Seiken Add Hakyoku Seiken to your Buddy-List
BJohan

Date Registered:

BJohan ist offline
early sixties gamers        Go on top to this Page

http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/spacewar

php:
echo "Input Error! Please check your Inputs!"

PS1: hmm, had to add a ?hey-psycledelics-this-is-an-image-damnit.jpg at the end of the img url
PS2: bug in the boards... "www" is detected as the begining of a url, even inside an url itself

11.07.2005, 07:12 Profile of BJohan Add BJohan to your Buddy-List Homepage of BJohan Add BJohan to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: bohan@jabber.org (no A0L) YIM Screenname: bohan@jabber.org (no Yah00!1)
BJohan

Date Registered:

BJohan ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

PS: is it me or psycledelics boards freak out when using [IMG] and [URL]?

11.07.2005, 07:19 Profile of BJohan Add BJohan to your Buddy-List Homepage of BJohan Add BJohan to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: bohan@jabber.org (no A0L) YIM Screenname: bohan@jabber.org (no Yah00!1)
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS