PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD Pitch bend/note slide
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

HienTau ist offline
  Pitch bend/note slide        Go on top to this Page

I 've got two questions:

1) Is there a search function for this board? I didn't find one. A search function would be practical as my second question might be answered already.

2) Now the real question: Is there a native psycle effect (or a vst effect) that allows pitch bending/note sliding? Some machines appear to have such an ability, but in general an effect would be much better. Is anyone of you aware of such a plugin?

Last edited by HienTau on 25.05.2005, 11:31 o'clock.

25.05.2005, 11:29 Profile of HienTau Add HienTau to your Buddy-List
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Can pooplog Scratchmaster be used to do this?

25.05.2005, 18:06 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

A generic pitch bender would need a buffer because if you'd need to know the data beforehand if you shift the pitch up...

30.05.2005, 20:33 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
HienTau

Date Registered:

HienTau ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

@fingersoup
I played around a bit, but I don't think it works.

Maybe there's no native plugin to accomplish pitch bend. But Maybe there's a vst effect somewhere?

Last edited by HienTau on 06.06.2005, 15:08 o'clock.

06.06.2005, 15:08 Profile of HienTau Add HienTau to your Buddy-List
DMNXS

Date Registered:

DMNXS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

You might want to try out KTGranulator from Smartelectronix. You can change the pitch in a range of two octaves via Granular-whatever (splitting the audio in 'grains' and changing their individual attributes) - though result isn't always nice.

08.06.2005, 13:15 Profile of DMNXS Add DMNXS to your Buddy-List Add DMNXS to your Contact-List
Hakyoku Seiken

Date Registered:

Hakyoku Seiken ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

If it's a sample, you could always try producing the effect yourself. It's a bit of work, but it's doable, most of the time, depending on the sample used...

Method 1: mini granular pitch shift - this works best when you run a pattern at 8 or more lines per beat. Fill up a pattern solid with notes as long as your sample should play (which would make a whole lot of 32nd notes). Then add the effect 0900 for the first note and 09FF or 09FE for the last note, highlight all of them and then push CTRL+I to make a smooth transition. Again, depending on the sample and how fast your song is, you should have a basic granular (with big grains!) pitch shifter without using an external VST. You can also use this method to 'time stretch' and 'time compress' as well. Add or subtract notes from the pattern then re-interpolate the 09xx values to fit.

Method 2: manually - this only works if you're pitching something down OR you're speeding something up at the same pitch. It also depends on what your sample sounds like. It generally sounds best with single instrument samples (like a drum or vocal loop). Basically, you want to find the key 'syllables' of the sample...which could be things like literally a new syllable in speech/singing, a drum being hit, a change of note on a piano or saxaphone, etc. Listen to the sample to get a feel for how it's rhythm flows with these sylables then recreate this rhythm via notes in a pattern. Next, go back and use the sample offset (09xx) effect to find the syllables' offsets per note so what when you play it back, it flows as well as the original sample.

Both methods have limited uses and distinctive sounds to them. Other than this, the only other thing I could suggests is that if you have no desire to use these methods or they just don't sound good and you're pitching an entire sample up, use Audacity's pitch changer. It sounds pretty damn good (better than Sound Forge in many respects, even).

members.lycos.co.uk/hseiken/a/

08.06.2005, 22:38 Profile of Hakyoku Seiken Add Hakyoku Seiken to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS