PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions PSY TUNES BOARD 'Reverence' / 'Fallujah'
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Seraph ist offline
  'Reverence' / 'Fallujah'        Go on top to this Page

I'd like to know some of the reactions to the latest two songs that I submitted.

18.05.2005, 01:42 Profile of Seraph Add Seraph to your Buddy-List YIM Screenname: merkur_tropfen
DMNXS

Date Registered:

DMNXS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Generally, I needed to get used to the sound.

I didn't like "Reverence" all that much, partly because of repetitism. The synths were quite nice and I liked them, but the general composition sounded too... 'unfinished', sotosay (though who am I to write that, that's what most of my stuff sounds like to me).

"Fallujah" I liked more. Everything fit togther better (the distortion surely helped there). It also didn't sound repetitive most of the time, though from about 1:40-2:00 it was (probably just me who finds that annoying). Also I think the composition sounded more thought through, like I said, it all fit: the snares, the delays, etc were 'well placed'.

Well, at least that's what I think.

DMNXS

19.05.2005, 11:43 Profile of DMNXS Add DMNXS to your Buddy-List Add DMNXS to your Contact-List
Seraph

Date Registered:

Seraph ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Thank you for your response, DMNXS.

In the meantime, however, more than one person has downloaded the songs. Spit it out, come on.

Last edited by Seraph on 21.05.2005, 07:28 o'clock.

21.05.2005, 05:23 Profile of Seraph Add Seraph to your Buddy-List YIM Screenname: merkur_tropfen
Dragyn

Date Registered:

Dragyn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I'll throw my comments into the ring on this one (I only listened to these tracks for the first time today).

Reverence - Overall, a nice example of a techno-industrial crossover track. There's enough variations on a theme to keep it interesting, but it sounded like some instrument lines were more developed than others. The drums are good - at first - but they need more variety to "spice it up" and give it more of a live drummer feel to it. The lead synth has almost too mellow a feel to it. The melody on it is good, but it needs something less electronica/synthy - maybe something more like a staccato distorted guitar sound. Overall, it's a solid effort that I don't see myself throwing away anytime soon.

Fallujah - I really liked the core of this one, but it was too overdriven. A bit more of a shaped distortion at a lower output level -- instead of forced clipping -- would help this track really punch through. I love the mix of random punch-ins of non-instruments, esp. the air raid siren. You keep it restrained enough that it works without becoming annoying.

I really like your style, though if you pull away from the straight fixed dance beat, I think you could really come up with some really solid Industrial tunes (early Ministry/Skinny Puppy/Blue Eyed Christ/anything from the early days of Wax Trax!). Personally, I prefer the more Industrial tracks to straight-ace techno tracks (though I have quite a bit of both genres). Ever tried laying down a vocal track over your tunes? Hard-distorted vocals might give you that extra edge that can set you apart from the pack.

01.03.2006, 07:33 Profile of Dragyn Add Dragyn to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS