PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Resources FREE VST & VSTI Buzzroom rocks...
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Hakyoku Seiken ist offline
  Buzzroom rocks...        Go on top to this Page

I just HAVE to compliment and recommend the buzzroom freeware vsts for mastering output...specifically, the buzzmaxi units, which are transparent brickwall limiters for maximizing audio loudness (and works great) and the buzcomp free bundle which includes some very nice sounding compressors, including 2 VERY NICE and smooth multiband compressors. After a while using MDA multiband compressor and having to be careful to not use to drastic values on it for fear of getting crackles from the device, the genecomp3 and grancomp3 from buzzroom have no such sideffects and even have a better filter sounds with more options. However, it comes with a slight price of a little bit of CPU speed, but I think it's worth it, all the way.

Definately one of the most useful vst effects you'll ever download...do yourself a favor and take advantage of them...

http://x-buz.com

Trust me...coming from me who is about as much of a vst whore as The Rock is a belly dancer, me putting these guys on my harddrive permantly says a lot...

members.lycos.co.uk/hseiken/a/

Last edited by Hakyoku Seiken on 08.05.2005, 02:17 o'clock.

08.05.2005, 01:53 Profile of Hakyoku Seiken Add Hakyoku Seiken to your Buddy-List
js

Date Registered:

js ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Yes, I agree. Buzzmaxi is very sweet !

However, I have been reluctant to use buzzrooms compressors due to the GUI - Who turned out the lights ?. They may well be great plugins but for the interface which I find way too dark to see what I'm doing ! Also, there are no visible parameter readings. Which if ever one was going to do some serious compression, I would have thought was essential

I like Buzzmaxi though

Last edited by js on 08.05.2005, 02:50 o'clock.

08.05.2005, 02:45 Profile of js Add js to your Buddy-List
Hakyoku Seiken

Date Registered:

Go on top to this Page

Yes, I found buzzmaxi while actually looking for a decent output meter.

The interfaces are a tad dark, but I think they're slick, personally...reminds me of old 80's stereos...hehe...

As for the multiband compressors, they do have mild output readings...on grancomp3, there's a simple l/r meter that shows the sound coming down and the compression being triggered from the bottom...it's kind of akward, but it's just one of those things that once you get used to it, you accept it. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done kind of thing.

Any other free multiband compressor vsts worth mentioning? I think multiband compressors are personally the most essential to finalizing a mix...3 bands is more than sufficiant. Even a great 2 band I'd love to look into if anyone's got any leads...

08.05.2005, 09:12 Profile of Hakyoku Seiken Add Hakyoku Seiken to your Buddy-List
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

while you're there download the BB303i, i just love it !!! (one of my favorite monosynths)
it's made with SynthEdit so it has some issues with Psycle though (problem with reloading the presets)

Lallapallooza is nice too

08.05.2005, 15:54 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
nolwenn

Date Registered:

nolwenn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Buzzroom definitly rocks.
Yes, Lallapallooza is a nice synth, i made a bank of 32 presets for Lallapallooza Lite for the "march patch competition" at patcharena (www.patcharena.com)
this synth can make some very cool noise.

08.05.2005, 17:19 Profile of nolwenn Add nolwenn to your Buddy-List
Hakyoku Seiken

Date Registered:

Go on top to this Page

Yes, the bass unit is quite chunky...I especially like it's FM sound...with the right settings, that thing can make some serious neurofunk and techstep dnb sounds...me likes...

09.05.2005, 00:59 Profile of Hakyoku Seiken Add Hakyoku Seiken to your Buddy-List
DMNXS

Date Registered:

DMNXS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by Hakyoku Seiken Any other free multiband compressor vsts worth mentioning? I think multiband compressors are personally the most essential to finalizing a mix...3 bands is more than sufficiant. Even a great 2 band I'd love to look into if anyone's got any leads...

Yes: Slim Slow Slider. 3-band compressors with LinearPhase filters (especially clean sounding). There's also some good EQs (also with LinPhase filters), as in mono, normal and one for mastering.

http://www.ismusic.ne.jp/slim_slow_slider/vst/index.html

11.05.2005, 15:05 Profile of DMNXS Add DMNXS to your Buddy-List Add DMNXS to your Contact-List
animint

Date Registered:

animint ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

all programms cannot be found!

07.02.2006, 18:28 Profile of animint Add animint to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS