PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TECH BOARD Useful duplicator functionality
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
  Useful duplicator functionality        Go on top to this Page

Hmm, one thing about the note duplicator.
I noticed that you can also tweak multiple synths with only one twk/tws column with this one!

So for example make a few synths, offset the cutoffs a bit and then tweak the duplicator with an appropriate value (use the target synths' cutoff parameter value of course) and VOILA, instant cool filterbank! And so on...

If this is a feature, I hope it's made official because this is very nice!

Last edited by Taika-Kim on 28.08.2005, 18:17 o'clock.

28.08.2005, 18:17 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

it would be nice to be able to do this with different synths i.e. assign the same tws/twk command to a series of different commands on different VSTs i.e. play a z3ta+ and a Vanguard simultaneously...

29.08.2005, 08:56 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

That's a VERY cool idea!

The more I play with this thing, the cooler is starts to feel.

I would LOVE to see a virtual mod-matrix that could be patched to several synths at one time...
Many synths lack a really deep mod. matrix (I'm so used to the mods of my Waldorf mQ...) and a generator with envelopes, LFOs, logic operators (AND, XOR, etc) and so on that could modulate ANY parameter of ANY other generator would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!

29.08.2005, 13:51 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

lol that's even more complicated than my idea....

but that would be VERY useful. It could be a way to simulate sidechain compression

but even at the basic level, it would be good if you could set

and so when you used the twk/tws command on the note duplicator, it scaled the responses for each of the generators based on these settings.

30.08.2005, 00:33 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

This reminded me of one thing:
Why are all the Psycle generators' parameters usually programmed to work in a scale of 0-127 or 0-255 in the best case?

Finetuning filters, delays and so on it would be VERY useful to have double a scale of 0-32767 or even half of that. I like to tune effects, but due to logarithmics the increase of a filter by 1 will result in a jump of several hundred HZ with filters (if considering the upper end) for example.

30.08.2005, 07:52 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

very good point taika, that's one reason I avoid some of the native machines and filters - I can't adjust the high frequencies very well...

Last edited by TranceMyriad on 30.08.2005, 09:53 o'clock.

30.08.2005, 09:52 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS