PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD Real Time via Line-in / Mic ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Fannon ist offline
  Real Time via Line-in / Mic ?        Go on top to this Page

Hey there

i'm new to psycle.. im new to this kind of programs generally ... so i really don't know if this is a true problem:

is there a possibility to get a machine wich simply uses the signal of the Mic/Line-in ?

I think of something like connecting your e-guitar or a-guitar to the computer and use the computer like a Preamp and effect machine (V-amp)

would be really cool if this would be working ... could save me some money

05.03.2005, 23:25 Profile of Fannon Add Fannon to your Buddy-List
ToX

Date Registered:

ToX ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Psycle does not include a real time input plugin ... But some VST do (It's possible to produce that with NI Reaktor for example)

Good luck :o)

06.03.2005, 00:18 Profile of ToX Add ToX to your Buddy-List AIM Screenname: Zbouboutchi
Fannon

Date Registered:

Fannon ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

NI Reaktor ?

do you know a free VST Plugin that can do that ?

btw. is there a way to get .wav files into psycle and get it through the effect plugins ?

Thanks,
Fan

Last edited by Fannon on 06.03.2005, 00:32 o'clock.

06.03.2005, 00:30 Profile of Fannon Add Fannon to your Buddy-List
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

you can import samples and use them in the built-in sampler machine, then connect it to several effects....if you're talking about real-time recording, and then applying effects, this would be much harder to do in psycle....you'd need a special VST for that....

06.03.2005, 08:38 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
MfM

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by TranceMyriad
you can import samples and use them in the built-in sampler machine, then connect it to several effects

yes this is true...i think you must do everything you want with psycle...play live with your guitar save your waves and load them in psycle,there are a lot of vst effects that emulate a guitar amp.
recently i found out this: (but i havent tried it in psycle)

http://www.helium.ex0.org/vst/cortex.html

oh....its FREE!!

Last edited by MfM on 06.03.2005, 10:46 o'clock.

06.03.2005, 10:44 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
Fannon

Date Registered:

Fannon ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

hm i'll try that plugin... but i've already found some Amp-Simulator Plugins.. so thats not the problem

hmm the sample thing sounds really difficult, a simple plugin would make this much more easier..

I've not found one still, but i think there must be a plugin that can do this ?

06.03.2005, 15:43 Profile of Fannon Add Fannon to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

In order to use your PC as a realtime guitar effect there are some appz. I have two of them and work quite good (not perfectly though).

Try Guitar FX 3 or GuitarFX Box 2.6. They are not freeware.

Anyways i'd love to use Psycle as a realtime effects processor.

06.03.2005, 19:55 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

plogue bidule, Which is still in beta, can use VST to process a live signal using ASIO. It used to be a free open beta, but now it seems that you need to Register in order to make the software run. Cost is $96.89 Canadian, Plus tax if you live in Canada. EU customers need to pay VAT as well.

07.03.2005, 05:37 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Now that Psycle uses ASIO this should be possible? Isn't it created for exactly this kind of thing?

Not mentioning that the ASIO implementation doesn't work too well... I have had a lot of problems with it...

07.03.2005, 12:23 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I use ASIO4ALL and it works quite good. Better than Creative ASIO driver.

07.03.2005, 13:18 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I have a C-Port 2000 that has 1000% solid ASIO, but still I find it tricky to get the Psycle ASIO to produce sound... It's maybe the ASIO code Psycle is now using, I've never had any problems with any ASIO software before.

I get sound only with the ASIO DirectX drivers, but IIRC they perform worse than the MME multimedia drivers. The WDM ASIO drivers stay silent on my machine...

07.03.2005, 21:17 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
Fannon

Date Registered:

Fannon ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hm I've found that program:

http://www.hermannseib.com/vsthost.htm
(ists a german site, sry) but search vor VST Host or VSTHost, maybe you find it in english too..

the program can't do anything but load VST effects... and I've tryed it with my e-giutar and it seemed to work .. sound quality was quite bad, but I've got no preamp, so the input signal is way to low to put it directly into my soundcard..

still... i would be really happy if i could do this with psycle too, becouse i like psycle much more than the VST Host..

07.03.2005, 21:38 Profile of Fannon Add Fannon to your Buddy-List
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

ASIO is a full duplex low latency sound driver specification. Psycle uses it for output, but ignores the input part of the spec. Therefore it is NOT possible with Psycle. You would need an "ASIO Input" generator, which would capture live sound and output through the Master.

07.03.2005, 21:47 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
DMNXS

Date Registered:

DMNXS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by sampler
I use ASIO4ALL and it works quite good. Better than Creative ASIO driver.

I use kX (www.kxproject.com) for Creative cards and it comes with hardware I/O routing .

13.03.2005, 03:53 Profile of DMNXS Add DMNXS to your Buddy-List Add DMNXS to your Contact-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I don't know what happened but i installed KxDrivers and all audio config was broken

I've had to reinstall Creative drivers.

13.03.2005, 13:44 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
DMNXS

Date Registered:

DMNXS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Too bad... They're really nice when they work (which they do for me). Maybe you're sound card isn't supported :? (like individual Live! series members)?

14.03.2005, 17:28 Profile of DMNXS Add DMNXS to your Buddy-List Add DMNXS to your Contact-List
liquid boy

Date Registered:

liquid boy ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Fannon, i think that if you want to use your computer as an fx processing unit, your best bet is buzz. it has a plugin specifically for what you want. (a 'line in' plugin). you can just hook a bunch of fx up to the master, and what ever you play through your mic/line in is what you hear through the speakers.

23.03.2005, 14:03 Profile of liquid boy Add liquid boy to your Buddy-List Homepage of liquid boy
wang56

Date Registered:

wang56 ist offline
  asio input        Go on top to this Page

I need it too, ASIO IN

07.06.2005, 12:06 Profile of wang56 Add wang56 to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS