PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD question about time signatures...
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Rlbest ist offline
  question about time signatures...        Go on top to this Page

So, is there a way to make Psycle play a 3/4 waltz-type beat? Just wondering.

05.03.2005, 07:31 Profile of Rlbest Add Rlbest to your Buddy-List
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Yes. Right-click the pattern and go to "Properties". Shorten the pattern length to 48. Ignore the Bar highlights. Every third beat is now a Bar.

05.03.2005, 14:29 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

mmmmm, maybe this is a thing that could be easily improved a bit...
i'm thinking about it........

05.03.2005, 17:43 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

or alternatively you could change the line-per-beat value to 3 and then calculate the appropriate bpm....wouldn't be exact, but then if you're making a waltz-type beat i can't imagine that you'd want to be super precise.....

06.03.2005, 08:36 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by sampler
mmmmm, maybe this is a thing that could be easily improved a bit...
i'm thinking about it........

2 ways of doing this coherently - Create an etirely seperate interval for the "Bar" highlighting as is done in Impulse Tracker (And have its default value be 16), or create a "Beat per Bar" variable (Default at 4), which can be used to highlight every 3rd beat instead of every 4th.

I have wanted this for a while now. Actually, I wanted to be able to set this for different patterns, as I was attempting to track Tool's "Schism" which alternates from 5/8 and 7/8 every other bar, then slips into 4/4 and 6/4 for a few bars. Very messy indeed.

Last edited by FingerSoup on 07.03.2005, 05:57 o'clock.

07.03.2005, 05:45 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS