PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD Help running Psycle
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Eon Blue Apocalypse ist offline
  Help running Psycle        Go on top to this Page

Well... this seems like a really ridiculous question, but I can't run Psycle. I've downloaded the latest release, which is a RAR file. When I try to open it, my computer asks me for what program I want to use to open it; I thought that it was an installer or something. Well anyways, what do I need to get this thing up and running, or am I missing something totally... I'm really clueless. If it matters, I'm running Windows ME (*puke*). Any help is appreciated.

09.01.2005, 01:22 Profile of Eon Blue Apocalypse Add Eon Blue Apocalypse to your Buddy-List
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Get WinRAR, or another archiving program that can handle RAR files... RAR is similar to ZIP, only it isn't natively supported by WinXP. You need to download additional software. It supposedly has better compression than ZIP.

Why the switch to RAR all of a sudden? RAR is less compatible than ZIP, and thus alienates users...

09.01.2005, 01:48 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
DMNXS

Date Registered:

DMNXS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hehe, this happened to me when some songs I downloaded were in RAR format . It took me about a year until I found WinRAR, then I didn't need TotalCommander anymore to listen to them .

10.01.2005, 09:47 Profile of DMNXS Add DMNXS to your Buddy-List Add DMNXS to your Contact-List
Hakyoku Seiken

Date Registered:

Hakyoku Seiken ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Switching to a different archive format isn't going to alienate users, i believe. If nothing else, it may get some users who don't have broadband connections access to the files if they split it into, say, 500k chunks or so. Personally speaking, one of the comps i have access to is on a dialup connection AND the phone lines are very dirty, so 14.4 is about the max transfer speed and the phoneline static causes random disconnections.

Maybe if there was instructions on the download page that it requires WinACE or WinRAR to open, it would cut down on the confusion a little. Even better, have a self extracting achive (though sometimes that scares some users to download an something like that...i for one don't like installing stuff. unzipping is my preferred method if possible and it may give the impression that it's an installer)

just my 2 pesos.

members.lycos.co.uk/hseiken/a/

10.01.2005, 22:38 Profile of Hakyoku Seiken Add Hakyoku Seiken to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS