PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ Few beginner questions, por favor
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

herrfrog jr ist offline
  Few beginner questions, por favor        Go on top to this Page

I am really impressed. I don't have much experience in tracker software, but this is really powerful. I was trying to decide on whether to try this, AudioMulch, or modplug, and despite a little more difficulty in getting the thing to work(cleaning out my vst effect folder, the biggest thing,) I am very impressed. My earlier tracker experience is with a BeOS program called XRS. A rather simple tracker program I would guess, and the easiest one of them all. (Although, some features are rudimentary, like no undo feature.) I enjoyed that very much, and what I am seeing is now worlds beyond with psycle.

Questions:
Is there a faster way of loading multiple samples into the sampler? I would like to load a whole folder into the sampler at once.

Can I load multiple machines in one motion? I would like to select my palate all at once also. The establishment up of my general settings is repetitious.

When I click the "record tweaks" radio button, what am I recording and where? Does this mean that I am recording the settings for my machines? If so, where are these recorded settings stored? I haven't observed them in the F3 screen yet.

And finally, I think the control interface for the plugins is altogether brilliant. I really love having such long scrolbars for each adjustable feature (knob or slider that is. Add a manual keyboard input for each numeric value and it will be perfect. ;-)) Much better controls than some vst plugins have. Thos little knobs kill me) This is the fulfillment of many dreams. The F2 screen is maybe like Qa was meant to be, also a BeOS program from a short few years ago that is the first place I ever saw the flowchart style musical composition in action. I am just awe struck at this nice program and how well it works. I haven't crashed it much at all! Thank you all and Merry Christmas too. The program has come a long way. I think I can actually work with this, and I am very excited. Cheers, da frog :-)

24.12.2004, 16:56 Profile of herrfrog jr Add herrfrog jr to your Buddy-List
mutilus

Date Registered:

mutilus ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Merry Christmas, Herr Frog.

quote:
Is there a faster way of loading multiple samples into the sampler? I would like to load a whole folder into the sampler at once.

Not that I know of, but I second that this would be really useful.... I have lots of samples for drumkits, and it can be a pain loading bass1, bass2, snare1, snare2, hi-hat open, hi-hat closed, hi-hat pedal, and so on...

25.12.2004, 23:27 Profile of mutilus Add mutilus to your Buddy-List
herrfrog jr

Date Registered:

herrfrog jr ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by mutilus
Merry Christmas, Herr Frog.
[QUOTE]Is there a faster way of loading multiple samples into the sampler? I would like to load a whole folder into the sampler at once.

Not that I know of, but I second that this would be really useful.... I have lots of samples for drumkits, and it can be a pain loading bass1, bass2, snare1, snare2, hi-hat open, hi-hat closed, hi-hat pedal, and so on...
[/QUOTE]

OK thanks. I noticed that most trackers have something like that. In Modplug, it's called an "instrument" and in XRS it's called a "bank." XRS also has a handy device for creating banks fairly quickly. Anzani Andreas once said to me he was thinking about makng a windows version, but that was over 2 years ago, so maybe that is no more.

And I wanted to apologise for asking a question I might have answered myself. I am now experimenting with the "record tweak" feature as instructed in Upwego. My previous question it is obvious I hadn't really read (or properly digested) the upwego or experimented on my own yet. I am now, and will perhaps come back with some more enlightened questions for everybody soon.

And I wanted to again say how great this program is! It is operating better than anything I've ever tried, and it is easy to use and learn, with a little focus, I think. Of course focus and time are the problem, since I sit in front of this same machine all the time to earn my living too, but it is still my favorite toy, and I can still spare a little time for the good stuff.

26.12.2004, 17:15 Profile of herrfrog jr Add herrfrog jr to your Buddy-List
mutilus

Date Registered:

mutilus ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
And I wanted to apologise for asking a question I might have answered myself.

No harm in this if you ask me! I often find people asking questions (and answering them) makes me realise I don't Actually know how things works properly, I just use them, but can't really explain to people why... and I'm really not a fan of the 'RTFM' response. I didn't respond to your other questions because I don't know the answers myself... guess I'll have to read the UpWeGo tutorial...
quote:
And I wanted to again say how great this program is!

True dat.

26.12.2004, 17:46 Profile of mutilus Add mutilus to your Buddy-List
liquid boy

Date Registered:

liquid boy ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

hmm, Beos *drool*. i really hope that one of the clones (and zeta) succeeds in the long term. Beos made me not hate my computer

27.12.2004, 01:01 Profile of liquid boy Add liquid boy to your Buddy-List Homepage of liquid boy
herrfrog

Date Registered:

herrfrog ist offline
  Another beginner question, SVP        Go on top to this Page

I guess it is a year now since I posted this message about my discovery of Psycle, and I have unforunately been very busy with work; so much data, so little time. But anyway, I started turning my thoughts toward Psycle again a few days ago, and I am again making rudimentary efforts at playing with it. (Now with a much better computer.) At any rate, I dl'd the new version and am again impressed, and again it is Christmas time! So thanks and merry Christmas!

Here is a basic question: I have always been troubled that I always have to manually open the "instrument editor" and turn the looping off for a sample, as I don't want it to loop most of my samples. Maybe that is just because I dont understand Psycle, but is there some way to change the default setting in the instrument editor from loop forward to loop off, simply so I don't need to manually open that box and do that every time I load a sample? It is not a big deal, but if there is a simple way, I would appreciate hearing. Cheers, der frog

07.12.2005, 06:21 Profile of herrfrog Add herrfrog to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

If the instrument gets a loop, then, the loop is inside the .wav/.iff. You would need to remove it from there.

If the loop appears to be random, or strange, then send me one of those .wav's so I could verify if there is a problem in the loader.

Btw: As i see, you use samples in a regular way. I hope you will enjoy Sampulse. I will try to have it ready ASAP (as soon as possible). That could be two or three months, but i can't guarantee.

About Sampulse:
http://psycle.pastnotecut.org/thread.php...leid=1&page=1#4

07.12.2005, 21:01 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Very often I also experience the slight inconvenience that samples have loop forward on for their whole duration.

Maybe this was only in samples exported from CDXtract, I'm not sure, but yes this does happen...

08.12.2005, 18:46 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
minifrog

Date Registered:

minifrog ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by Taika-Kim
Very often I also experience the slight inconvenience that samples have loop forward on for their whole duration.

Maybe this was only in samples exported from CDXtract, I'm not sure, but yes this does happen...

Yes, it is only a minor one. But it happens for me with every sample. I create samples with Total Recorder, or have purchased or downloaded a lot of drum tracks, all of which I am sure I have added to my Psycle sample files from a CD. I don't posess a copy of CDXtract, I don't think.

Cheers, the frog who lost his password

30.12.2005, 19:32 Profile of minifrog Add minifrog to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS