PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TECH BOARD VOCODER HELP!
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

acydl ist offline
VOCODER HELP!        Go on top to this Page

trying to get the Akai DC Vocoder to let me enter notes in the pattern to create a melody in Psycle. Since the DC Vocoder acts as an FX module in Psycle, it wont play the notes i entered in the pattern. Is it possible to have psycle play notes from a VST effect?????????????

22.11.2004, 02:07 Profile of acydl Add acydl to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

It is supposed that yes (at least in 1.7.6.2). You only have to enable 'Allow notes to effects' (below the sequencer).

Try it.

22.11.2004, 08:16 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

OMG! The support for this is finally coming?? Wow!

22.11.2004, 22:49 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
acydl

Date Registered:

acydl ist offline
  thanks        Go on top to this Page

thanks for your help sampler!, i came to the same conclusion, but for some reason it still doesnt work. Maybe its the DC Vocoder, or my version. 1.7.6.2 G7. Or maybe i am doing it incorrectly.

c-5 00 40 ....

for the vocoder fx

and of course

c-5 00 01 ....
for the sample

and i set the carrier play back to midi as opposed to the drone option. So it should work.

Ill try another version. Thanks for the response dude.

23.11.2004, 05:11 Profile of acydl Add acydl to your Buddy-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Sorry.... i have to admit i've never used that feature and i don't know if it works and how it works exactly.

...u always can use Buzz for that, save the wav and use inside Psycle

23.11.2004, 08:53 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
nolwenn

Date Registered:

nolwenn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

(i'm working with psycle v1.7.3rc1)

The "sending note to effect" doesn't work for me when entering note into pattern with my pc keyboard or my MIDI keyboard

The only way i found to achieve this is to enter a mcm command with the midi code for "note on" (9), it looks like this :

mcm 90 40 3F 7F

where 9 is the command, 0 the midi channel, 40 is the effect number, 3F the note, 7F the velocity

Last edited by nolwenn on 23.11.2004, 12:11 o'clock.

23.11.2004, 12:09 Profile of nolwenn Add nolwenn to your Buddy-List
heatseeker

Date Registered:

heatseeker ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by sampler
...u always can use Buzz for that, save the wav and use inside Psycle

lol i love this idea

23.11.2004, 22:13 Profile of heatseeker Add heatseeker to your Buddy-List Homepage of heatseeker
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

It's very cumbersome, but possible.

You'll have to use mcm (why does this command even exist?? why not just do the sam thing with normal notes?!?!it's braindead!)
like this mcm [MIDI command][generator][value][velocity]
so mcm 90 40 64 7f
Would be note on on channel one (9 is note on, the next number channel between 0-f), generator 40, value 64 (that's middle C if I recall correctly.) with full velocity.

The tricky part is counting the hex note number values if you have some certain melody in mind. Otoh for me it's easier to work like this when you have found the right base-note for the scale because you can just think of intervals and not note names...
With AKAI Vocoder you'll have to also send mcm 80 after each note on. That's note-off, 8, and the next number 0-f channel.
So for my example the note-off would be mcm 80 40 64 7f.

That's how the MIDI protocol works now that we're working with raw midi data.

Here's an example .psy for Akai DC Vocoder.

Sorry it's big, the breakbeat was bigger than I thought...

25.11.2004, 01:02 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
acydl

Date Registered:

acydl ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

THANKS A LOT FOR ALL YOUR HELP. YOU GUYS ROCK!

25.11.2004, 08:42 Profile of acydl Add acydl to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS