PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions ABOUT THE SITE snip snap
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author
Administrator

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
  snip snap        Go on top to this Page

hello, everybody, few news lately but finaly we should get things done soon !
heatseeker worked on a starting design theme for the new site, based on the actual one.
here's a fresh screenshot of his work in progress : nice screeny here

03.11.2004, 11:58 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
sampler
Psycler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

nice. simple as i like. with another colour it would be sweet.

mmmmmm, maybe another logo or a changing logo would add fresh air

Last edited by sampler on 03.11.2004, 12:42 o'clock.

03.11.2004, 12:40 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
MfM
Psycler

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

yes very nice...i liked "who is online" so we can know who is on line and exchange message in real time,obviosly if it will be quickly refreshed and always be visible in a corner of site!

03.11.2004, 13:44 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
heatseeker
Administrator

Date Registered:

heatseeker ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

sampler: i agree with you. The problem: i'm not a graphist

It will be a temporary design, just to say:" hey ! it's alive !". Then, while we search for a real graphic man (or woman ) , Psycledelics v2.0 will be online.

about the colors, i really have no idea which ones to choose.

03.11.2004, 15:35 Profile of heatseeker Add heatseeker to your Buddy-List Homepage of heatseeker
Taika-Kim
Psycler

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Nice work

Altough I think that the biggest problem is the speed of the Psycle server... Navigating here is often painfully slow.

What's the bandwidth usage of the site? I wonder if we could just collect some money among the more active users and buy some space from some fast server for the site...

And maybe a compo for a new Psycle logo, I never liked that head with that infernal lens flare anyway

03.11.2004, 18:04 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
sampler
Psycler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

so the new site is practically ready????

Is it going to have 'themes' or colour presets?

I suppose the current database will be converted to the new one if it has changed. Am i wrong?

Last edited by sampler on 03.11.2004, 18:51 o'clock.

03.11.2004, 18:30 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
heatseeker
Administrator

Date Registered:

heatseeker ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

about the application speed (or non-speed):

the server itself has many problems for a long time.
and the aplication (DB structure + php) is very slow too.
I run the new app version on the same server, same DB, and it goes really faster (but not as fast as iit should be).

About the themes/colors, even if this functionalities are interesting, it's not the priority right now. But i though about it few months ago.

i will tell you more later.

and finally, about a compo for the logo, why not.
But as the last design compo didn't work at all, i think that if you have some good design skills and you have done something which is interesting, send your graph to ksn and/or me.

03.11.2004, 20:00 Profile of heatseeker Add heatseeker to your Buddy-List Homepage of heatseeker
ksn
Administrator

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

and of course this would be good to have this logo matching the ones posted on the wiki for freePscyle

03.11.2004, 22:29 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
alk
Psycler

Date Registered:

alk ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

wow.. that's beautiful heatseeker! 3 cheers : - )

06.11.2004, 13:48 Profile of alk Add alk to your Buddy-List
sampler
Psycler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

If we could make a poll for the logos....

06.11.2004, 14:03 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
sampler
Psycler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

If we could make a poll for the logos....

so i guess ksn likes some of them

06.11.2004, 14:04 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
FunTOM
Psycler

Date Registered:

FunTOM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

nice work, heatseeker

about the colors and stuff: using CSS there can be more completely different designs to choose from. Just the HTML code must be well prepared for that.

know this? http://www.csszengarden.com

08.11.2004, 13:57 Profile of FunTOM Add FunTOM to your Buddy-List Homepage of FunTOM Add FunTOM to your Contact-List
heatseeker
Administrator

Date Registered:

heatseeker ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Funtom,

i have no problems with any languages, client and server sides.

about the color, it's only a question of feelings and matching.
I think i will be able to prepare a skinable interface for the users. I've used customized templates in the application then it will possible to people to create new skins and to upload them (1 condition: it must be light).

So, this is in my roadmap but i don't guarantee this functionality will be ready at the beginning.

08.11.2004, 20:45 Profile of heatseeker Add heatseeker to your Buddy-List Homepage of heatseeker
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS