PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsMAIN BOARD ╗ tascam us-122(new to home recording)
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

spaz ist offline
tascam us-122(new to home recording)        Go on top to this Page

I just purchased a tascam us-122interface mainly for recording guitar and didgeridoo stuff. It said it came with software but it was only a sample of cubase.

Is this the right software for basic home recording or do i really need to dish out some cash for cubase or cakewalk type stuff.

If this is ok what are the drawbacks? I mean why would any one pay?

Thanks for any help

27.07.2004, 18:46 Profile of spaz Add spaz to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

If you are asking if you can use Psycle to play and record with your guitar... well.. the short answer is no.

Currently, it is impossible (there is no input plugin) and if we add it, it might not have the desired latency.

Anyway, it is one of the wanted features.

27.07.2004, 20:43 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

[dupe]

Edit: dupe is short of "duplicated"

27.07.2004, 20:44 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
spaz

Date Registered:

spaz ist offline
  your freekin me out dude!        Go on top to this Page

{dupe} ??????????

27.07.2004, 21:13 Profile of spaz Add spaz to your Buddy-List
liquid boy

Date Registered:

liquid boy ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

um, have you looked at audacity (audacity.sf.net) it's open source, and may be what you need... if you're after something more complex, and more along the lines of pro tools, n-track might be a good place to start. it's shareware, and costs $45 (american, probably) which is not much at all. it has a 30 day trial to see if you like it, and it's easy to get a crack if 30 days isnt enough time to try it out (although , since they're selling it for so cheap, i'd kinda feel bad about just using the crack - it looks like it is definately worth the money...)

28.07.2004, 01:14 Profile of liquid boy Add liquid boy to your Buddy-List Homepage of liquid boy
Beer Incorperated

Date Registered:

Beer Incorperated ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

You don't need an expensive sequencer like cubase or cakewalk. In fact all you need is some software which allows recording.

The mentioned Audacity suits this purpose just fine. After that you can load the wave file in Psycle (or any other application you choose).

28.07.2004, 12:28 Profile of Beer Incorperated Add Beer Incorperated to your Buddy-List Homepage of Beer Incorperated
liquid boy

Date Registered:

liquid boy ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

yeah, audacity is a great piece of software, only, i wish you could apply effects to channels rather than having to specify a bit of the wave file to apply it to...

------------------
i just remembered i saw this:

a freeware multitrack recorder

http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/index.php

* 16 audio tracks
* 32 Bit floating point audio engine
* 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rate
* 3-band parametric EQ &
* 2 VST insert slots per channel
* 3 VST master effect slots
* ASIO low latency audio driver support
* 4 KRISTAL PlugIn slots

(copied from another forum )

unfortunately for me, if you have windows 9x, you need IE 6.0 , as i have uninstalled IE (well, maybe 95 % uninstalled) it crashes pretty much every time you do something... *grr*

Last edited by liquid boy on 29.07.2004, 08:11 o'clock.

29.07.2004, 07:56 Profile of liquid boy Add liquid boy to your Buddy-List Homepage of liquid boy
DMNXS

Date Registered:

DMNXS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I downloaded and tried out Kristal myself and found the perfect tool for mastering seperately exported waves (you know, from the "render each xxx as a seperate wave file" dialog), which saves CPU for other plugins in Psycle or - in a different formulation - gives me more CPU for mastering in Kristal. I love it !

01.08.2004, 21:48 Profile of DMNXS Add DMNXS to your Buddy-List Add DMNXS to your Contact-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS