PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
» Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- » Discussions » TIPS BOARD » About Instruments...
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

dBlues ist offline
About Instruments...        Go on top to this Page

Is it possible in psycle to make an instrument with multiple samples for different pitches, like in FT2? This is an absolute necessity for me, no piano is going to sound very good without it

03.02.2004, 04:06 Profile of dBlues Add dBlues to your Buddy-List
nolwenn

Date Registered:

nolwenn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Maybe the next version of the psycle sampler machine will handle multi sample format like soundfonts .sf2
actually you can use a VSTi sampler (like twinsef ) for that.

Last edited by nolwenn on 03.02.2004, 14:39 o'clock.

03.02.2004, 14:25 Profile of nolwenn Add nolwenn to your Buddy-List
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

you can also check odo's sf-play or rgc:audio's sfz for vstis which can play .sf2 soundfonts

03.02.2004, 15:28 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
dBlues

Date Registered:

dBlues ist offline
       Go on top to this Page

Well, I managed to get the plugin (Twinsef) but now I have trouble getting sound out of it. I have A soundfont loaded, what now? No notes are playing when inserted to the matrix.
//edit: ok, worked it out. The soundbank wasnt loaded even if the font was... silly

Last edited by dBlues on 04.02.2004, 04:41 o'clock.

04.02.2004, 04:25 Profile of dBlues Add dBlues to your Buddy-List
dBlues

Date Registered:

dBlues ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Ok, thanks for the tips, more questions: Is there any way to get more polyphony, Twinsef and sf-play seem very limited (1-3 voices). I could probably use my Audigy sf-manager and load sf:s in, then use psycle to play them. But that seems too much of a hassle to do everytime I load a song. So is there a more clever way around this? And is there a good, free program for making soundfonts available? It cant be that hard making them, loading a few fonts in and tuning probably.

04.02.2004, 05:17 Profile of dBlues Add dBlues to your Buddy-List
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by dBlues
Is there any way to get more polyphony, Twinsef and sf-play seem very limited (1-3 voices).

well sfz (see link above) supports 32 notes polyphony
i don't know for the others

04.02.2004, 09:46 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
kvaksha

Date Registered:

kvaksha ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Try Muon DS404 sampler (shipped with Computer Music magazine)
16 parts multitimbral, 256 notes polyphony. Lots of cool banks on CM site and you can create your own multisampled patches too (with .wav/.aiff samples)

04.02.2004, 10:34 Profile of kvaksha Add kvaksha to your Buddy-List Add kvaksha to your Contact-List
dBlues

Date Registered:

dBlues ist offline
       Go on top to this Page

Thanks again ppl! Perkele, those soundfonts really sound like nothing else on my audigy 2 . Now I'd like to know if there are any good hardware midi-synths available that support soundfont? Would be so great for live playing . I mean just the box with sounds, I have a keyboard already. Oh man, my house has turned into Kölner döme.

04.02.2004, 17:26 Profile of dBlues Add dBlues to your Buddy-List
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

check out Plogue Bidule.... It should allow you to use VST's in realtime with your MIDI keyboard... Of course this assumes that you have the cables to connect your keyboard to your PC....

http://www.plogue.com/bidule

05.02.2004, 06:05 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
dBlues

Date Registered:

dBlues ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Ok, i meant HARDWARE samplers . But np, I found my solution. This is really fantastic, hear me out; The corresponding format of soundfont in hardwareworld is DLS. Almost exactly the same functionality as sf2-files have. You can download them from the net, and here comes the best part: Audigy 2 supports dls-samples too!
Audigy 2 == <3 <3 <3 <3 . Recommend it to anyone, except those who cant get it to work because of creatives buggy drivers... I have a kind of hate-love relationship with Creative

Last edited by dBlues on 05.02.2004, 18:48 o'clock.

05.02.2004, 18:46 Profile of dBlues Add dBlues to your Buddy-List
Beer Incorperated

Date Registered:

Beer Incorperated ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I noticed Modplug Tracker uses *.DLS to play back midi files. It comes with an 8-bit general midi uh bank.

Maybe you know a higher quality version of such a file?

05.02.2004, 23:14 Profile of Beer Incorperated Add Beer Incorperated to your Buddy-List Homepage of Beer Incorperated
dBlues

Date Registered:

dBlues ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I'm talking about DLS2. Multi-layering etc. Check the specs here . I've never used modplug much but since the format was ready in the end of 2001, it could be DLS1 that modplug uses.. could be worth checking though.

//edit: I found an easy way to test your soundcards compatibility with DLS,here . I'm still not positive about DLS2 == SF2, might as well be... And still havent found a hardware sampler that can play DLS2. Maybe a notebook with audigy 2, could be the best option. Oh, and the sources are freely downloadable for these formats, just found out. And SF2 != DLS2 : at least what I can determine from here.

Last edited by dBlues on 06.02.2004, 08:14 o'clock.

06.02.2004, 07:37 Profile of dBlues Add dBlues to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS