PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
» Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- » Discussions » OFF TOPIC » BitWise Chat
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
  BitWise Chat        Go on top to this Page

does anyone here uses BitWise Chat ?

it seems very good to me (secure encrypted + direct connection + fast transfers etc...) but is not very popular yet...

ps: in case anyone does, i use the nick 'ksn' with it

30.01.2004, 10:39 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
KarLKoX

Date Registered:

KarLKoX ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Gaim (with the security patch) works very well + Gaim-E plugin (448 bits encryption)
But i ll have a look to this new messenger tool

Last edited by KarLKoX on 31.01.2004, 08:38 o'clock.

31.01.2004, 08:37 Profile of KarLKoX Add KarLKoX to your Buddy-List Homepage of KarLKoX AIM Screenname: xxkarlkoxxx
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by KarLKoX
Gaim (with the security patch) works very well + Gaim-E plugin (448 bits encryption)
But i ll have a look to this new messenger tool

yes i often use Gaim + eGaim too
(beware the security holes found in the latest gaim release)

31.01.2004, 11:17 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
heatseeker

Date Registered:

heatseeker ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

i use BitWise too.
my nickname is 'heatseeker'

Bitwise is really different than other IMs. if you don't know it yet, you should test it.

01.02.2004, 20:18 Profile of heatseeker Add heatseeker to your Buddy-List Homepage of heatseeker
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Nice! Bitwise is getting better and better. Read this:
'BitWise 1.0.3 Alpha 1 is now available for Windows, Linux/GTK2 and Mac OS X 10.3. The big news with this alpha is the addition of cross-platform, encrypted voice chat!.'

http://www.bitwisecommunications.com/devel/Download.php

Last edited by sampler on 19.08.2004, 18:13 o'clock.

19.08.2004, 18:11 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
DJMirage

Date Registered:

DJMirage ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I have enough IM's it doesnt look like an addition to them for me, just another registration :|

I possess msn, jabber, icq, aim, yahoo & skype. I think thats more then enough. ofcourse I have gaim too for IMíng. Then there is mirc for chatting.

21.08.2004, 18:35 Profile of DJMirage Add DJMirage to your Buddy-List Homepage of DJMirage Add DJMirage to your Contact-List
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

still nobody else using BitWise ?

29.06.2005, 11:58 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
sampler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

A true pity!
I think this messenger is really good, powerful and well done.

29.06.2005, 18:23 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
outsider

Date Registered:

outsider ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

thanks, i'm now trying it. it reminds me a bit those sweet icq days...
btw my nick is outsider

Last edited by outsider on 29.08.2005, 06:11 o'clock.

28.08.2005, 10:57 Profile of outsider Add outsider to your Buddy-List Homepage of outsider Add outsider to your Contact-List
kSh

Date Registered:

kSh ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I was using BitWise Chat three years ago. It had major problems with connection stability then. You could end up having half of your sentences said to the void because the other side dissapeared for a while. That's why - although I found it very interesting up then and had the opportunity to talk with the devs in person - I left it and used other software. Maybe I should check this version out, though.

EDIT: BTW! I've messaged them if they still have my account I setup back in 2001. And guess what... THEY STILL HAVE IT So I'll just test the new IM right away.

Regards,
kSh

Last edited by kSh on 09.09.2005, 10:19 o'clock.

09.09.2005, 01:28 Profile of kSh Add kSh to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS