PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
» Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- » Discussions » TIPS BOARD » Slide notes
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

Michael626 ist offline
Slide notes        Go on top to this Page

Hi!

I'm new to Psycle. How do I slide notes when making those TB-303 riffs (I'm using Polyiblit)?

Thanks

04.01.2004, 19:50 Profile of Michael626 Add Michael626 to your Buddy-List Email to Michael626
Pikari

Date Registered:

Pikari ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Usually you have to play the first note in one column and then play the second note in another one without cutting the first one..

like this:

C-4 -- 01 ---- | ---- -- -- ----
---- -- -- ---- | ---- -- -- ----
---- -- -- ---- | G-4 -- 01 ----
---- -- -- ---- | ---- -- -- ----

This may depend of the machine your using. Dunno

04.01.2004, 22:17 Profile of Pikari Add Pikari to your Buddy-List Homepage of Pikari Add Pikari to your Contact-List
gnostik

Date Registered:

gnostik ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

howdy

note slide in synthesisers is often called "portamento"

in polyiblit this is in the box near the bottom right hand corner.

the speed setting is usually how long it takes to slide from the first note to the second note.

when you set that up how you like, to sequence it then i think you have to do what pikari said to get psycle to recognise the slide note change.

i think thats what you meant...

have fun

bend your thoughts...unveil your soul

Last edited by gnostik on 06.01.2004, 00:23 o'clock.

06.01.2004, 00:19 Profile of gnostik Add gnostik to your Buddy-List Homepage of gnostik
DMNXS

Date Registered:

DMNXS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

In Muon Tau it retriggers the note when you have a note on in the same channel. If you have a note on in another channel, however, it slides the note (like Pikari explained) at the speed you set in the VSTi itself (of course ). Dunno whether it's because of Psycle, but I doubt it.

Last edited by DMNXS on 18.01.2004, 02:25 o'clock.

18.01.2004, 02:23 Profile of DMNXS Add DMNXS to your Buddy-List Add DMNXS to your Contact-List
Taika-Kim

Date Registered:

Taika-Kim ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I think that legato would be a really useful option that would make doing pitch bends SO much easier in Psycle.

Now Psycle always sends a noteoff before triggering a new note on the same channel, and having to use 2 channels really sucks... If you add a new note to one track, all following notes have to be readjusted.

I don't know what would be the best way.

Dream Station had the legato notes on inverse backgrouond, and the system worked quite well. I would prefer something like this over having to use up a tweak.

For example "shift+note"=legato or "shift+enter" on a note already recorded would toggle legato on/off.

Please?-)

20.01.2004, 16:54 Profile of Taika-Kim Add Taika-Kim to your Buddy-List Homepage of Taika-Kim
gnostik

Date Registered:

gnostik ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

i recently started using some of the commercial soft synths (namely native instruments pro-53, fm7 and linplugs albino).

i decided to try out the note slide functions with these, and it seems they work fine without having to put the notes onto different channels.

i have no idea why this is, i just thought i would post it

bend your thoughts...unveil your soul

10.02.2004, 07:03 Profile of gnostik Add gnostik to your Buddy-List Homepage of gnostik
bizarro

Date Registered:

bizarro ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hello there (this is my first post )

I have this sliding problem as well. Up to now I always used machine-specific commands to do sliding (or portamento).

Sometimes its enough to use the tweak-command on a "finetune" switch of the machine used (if available).

Sometimes the machines offer a portamento option, which do the job nicely, but it seems to me that some machines, even with that portamento option, are triggering a new note, which is often undesired (especially if you want to make an arpeggio for example while keeping the filter envelope of one note)

So I guess, there is (up to now) no general way to achieve the desired effect. (Am I right?)

So the question is: Is this a design limitation of the machines that a general sliding method is not available, or is it just, that psycle does not offer it? In other words:

When a new note is triggered, i assume that psycle sends information to the machine, like pitch, volume and so on. Isn't it possible to alter these values while the note is playing?

Ok, this is more a tech-question for the programmers, but maybe somebody does know....

Greetings - bizarro

04.08.2006, 17:48 Profile of bizarro Add bizarro to your Buddy-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

The plugin API is a bit limited, (it hasn't changed much since Psycle 1.0).

The information that is sent to the machines is simply the pattern entry. the machine has to do all the rest. There is not a basic/common mechanism to talk about slides, volumes.... it's all machine dependant, and that's why it is difficult to use sometimes.

Just like the VSThost is being improved, the native host will go an important change after that, which should allow for more flexibility.

Basically, it was too tracker centric in this regard.

04.08.2006, 22:18 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS